HDMI screen: Broken logo & zynthian in white bar at top of screen

The next issue.

Updated twice,

Pointed browser at 192.168.1.12 ( the address of my zynthian)

Configed display for /dev/fb0 HDMI width 1280 height 1024 and no config
and configed pins…

I can see entries for the display in the zynthian_envars.sh file but not the pin encodings …
I’ve set the pin encodings in the zynthian-ui/zynthian_gui_config.py as per variation on a variation thread.

The hdmi display just shows a broken repeating line at the top against a white background with the zynthian logo and the zythian fonted text appearing slightly misreistered …

Hunted around for mentions of fb0 in a couple of places
/etc/init.d/zynthian not there …

Any ideas. … ?

This is roughly the guide I followed:

1 Like

Yep that’s the guide I was looking for … Thank you.

And now I have the problem with /boot/config.txt

If I try to cat it I get:

root@zynthian:/boot# cat config.txt
cat: config.txt: Input/output error.

the sd card mounts on a seperate linux machine as two partitions of 64m and 15 ish Gig.
but I still can’t edit the file on there.

In the raspberry pi, it boots but continues to displaty the corruption at the top of the screen which disappears to be replaced by the normal HDMI console . . .

I am constructing the sds’s by
gnome-disks to do a full format on them and then installing the zynthian image from the restore disk image facility in gnome-disks

Partition size …? something corrupting on zynthian-update . . ?
Not sure

Can you create the SD with

# Linux:
sudo dd if=<my-disk-image-file> of=<my-sd-card-device> bs=4M
# my-sd-card-device. e.g. /dev/mmcblk0 or /dev/sdd
# WARNING!!!! IF YOU DON'T USE THE RIGHT DEVICE YOU CAN WIPE YOUR COMPUTERS HARDDISK!!!

# Windows:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
# WARNING!!!! IF YOU DON'T USE THE RIGHT DEVICE YOU CAN WIPE YOUR COMPUTERS HARDDISK!!!

Should work…

Regards, Holger

Made an image from my PC … I feel dirty.

Well I’m pretty sure that the white bar at the top is the splash screen with a very limited height setting . . .

it’s not the PI’s video stuff . I’ve just loaded a nice windowed gui interface from another old image…

Hi @wyleu!

You are right. The splash screen only works correctly with 320x200 displays. But it doesn’t have any other effect. The UI will work with any resolution.

Anyway, i will try to fix the problem in the next revision :wink:

Regards!

Life is returning, whilst I get thro’ the week :slight_smile:

Not done the zynthian_update.sh yet . . .