8 device limit for USB MIDI devices?

Hi !
It was a long time ago :wink:
I’ve made some minor improvements since (to decrease the (real) string noise), but, as my daughter prefers to play on a real one, I’m not as much in this project as I used to be.
That said, I otfen plug it to see if everything still works. I think I’m not done with it, just waiting for the right time to finish it (I have to build the pedals) !

Hi @Djihatch, your harp is totally crazy. It’s worth finishing this one.

@wyleu, OK sometimes there are people who can overcome me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have one off-topic question. Is it possible MidiKlik 4x4 (two connected boards) set to only 6 midi USB ports in CDC serial COM mode?

I don’t need to do crazy, I just follow the well worn paths…

You used to be able to but looking at the current codebase, things have changed. My fork is from a while ago and the file usb_midi_device.h had definitions for the quantity of ports. (My branch that changes to platformio build enhances this to allow arbitary definition of port quantity.)

Actually - it looks like they may have simplified it to this definition.

I did build a graphical editor but cannot remember whether is is for the generic 4x or my modified version and I am fairly sure it is incomplete but you might want to take a look.

Thanks. You showed me the way, I just have to find the courage to follow it :slight_smile:

Courage can be easy.

When Kennedy was asked how he became a hero, his reply was very good,

I couldn’t help it, they sank my boat…