Add a test audio signal for check

I would like to suggest a new function in the menu to send a test audio signal to the stereo output to check the correct working of the audio connection inside or outside the Zyinthian …this in the case no keyboard is available .

Thanks

Fabrizio

2 Likes

Hi Fabrizio!

I like your idea of adding a new function to the admin menu:

• Test Audio Output: that sends a predefined audio signal to the audio output for testing that the audio device is working correctly.

And i would add another function:

• Test Synth Engine: that send a predefined MIDI sequence to channel 1, so you can test any synth engine without a keyboard.

What do you think? :wink:

Regards!

3 Likes

Yes good idea… Paul and Marco tell me that another useful thing would be a flashing icon on screen when a midi signal is recived… Or someting else…

Fabrizio

3 Likes

I agree with this suggestion. A couple of looping test sequences would be good.

They should be easy to integrate since there ia a LV2 Plugins for a test tone also than a step sequencer and midi capable engines. Will have this in mind when creating default setups for MOD/LV2.

Regards, Holger

Hi @all!

I’ve added a new entry “Audio Test” to the admin menu that “plays” a small mp3 file using the jack server. It uses “mpg123” to play. Also, i would add a MIDI player to simulate the “MIDI INPUT” , so it can be used as a kind of “synth engine test”.

Both improvements will be available in the next SD image, in a couple of weeks :slight_smile:

Regards!

2 Likes