Aeolus - show us your organs

That looks cool!

It wouldn’t matter to have other manuals as well as pedals and the work I did to alter the application assumed you would want manuals as well as pedals but the structural changes mean that we could provide pedal-only patches. I am tempted to wait until a possible future change that may allow us to combine all keyboards into a single chain. That might be the time to rework the organ keyboard configuration. For now, just enjoy your pedals, ignoring those silly manuals that _other people _ use. :wink:

Hi @stojos , what type of pedal sound do you need? I assume, that you‘re looking more for a Hammond B3 or Moog Taurus bass pedal sound. Since Aeolus is simulating a classical pipe organ with 1 pedal and 3 manuals, the sound itself probably does not match the type of music you’re playing and also Aeolus is somehow a kind of overkill. Anyway, it should be possible to install Aeolus on Channels 1 to 4, and afterwards other instruments. Alternatively, you just can install the B3 simulation (there‘s also a setting for pedal only) or some classical analog monosynth.

Have fun and share your experience,
Doc „Marc“ Analog

Be aware that in the current stable (and testing) versions that setBfree also had an odd limitation that it needs consecutive channels so can also disappear from the list. Also these are engines that only allow one instance so will disappear from the list after newbie added to a chain. These constraints will all be removed in the future.

I retake this thread to ask if the latest aeolus version included in zynthina still has the limitation of needing the first four channels.

I want to use it but i don’t want to remake all my existing snapshots :slight_smile:

Oram only

I’ve modified Aeolus and Zynthian integration so that you can now choose how many keyboards to add and it may use any MIDI channels and be in any chain so that limitation is removed.

There are also different preset types:

• Global will recall stops for all keyboards
  • Local will recall stops for the selected chain

Audio parameters like reverb are also exposed in the first chain only and the peak meters only show in the first chain.

Please test these features. They were developed over a year ago and haven’t really had much testing since. I would love to hear how well (or poorly) they work.

3 Likes

@Riban; Bravo !

I’d tell you I tested very quickly in Manual 1 configuration and ORAM and twice I had hang sound but I can’t find the way to repeat this issue systematically.
zyncoder: oram (a81403e)
zynthian-ui: oram (2ae15e4)
zynthian-sys: oram (415730b)
zynthian-data: oram (97355e2)
zynthian-webconf: oram (d333ced)

Does this mean stuck notes, i.e. a note continues to play after releasing the key?

sorry for my English, not exactly stuck notes but continous noise
I noticed that if you reload preset nois is canceled.