Aftertouch

Hi,
Does anyone use aftertouch with any of the Zynthian engines? If so, I’m asking for info which and how. I have an aftertouch keyboard (key preasure and channel preasure) and I do not know if this will be useful for me with Zynthian.

I tried to use the midi filter rule system but I’v found such problem: I tried to map KP to some CC, but in this function it is necessary to specify the range for KP expl: MAP CH#0:15 KP#0:126 => CC#1. Unfortunately, for the map function this does not work - it is necessary to provide individual values: MAP CH#0:15 KP#0 => CC#1 ; MAP CH#0:15 KP#1 => CC#1, MAP CH#0:15 KP#2 => CC#1; etc.
Interestingly, for the IGNORE function range of Numbers works well: IGNORE CH#0:15 KP#0:126. Regards. Adam

Hi @ejdzi!

Mapping KP (Key Pressure) to CC is perfectly possible, but you should map every key to a different CC:

MAP KP#0:127 => CC#0:127

Or simply:

MAP KP => CC

I think this is not very useful and probably you should better use CP (Channel Pressure), that you can map to a single CC:

MAP CP => CC#17

Anyway, the MIDI filter has been tested very little for this kind of events/combinations, so i will very happy of receiving your feedback.

Kind regards,