Audio Setup

I tested a few things with my
Steinberg UR44 and M-Audio M-Track.
I got both running but now nothing worked.

My configuration for M-Audio was:
-P 70 -t 2000 -s -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100 -p 256 -n 2 -X raw
-O complex -t 0.5 -s -88 -p yinfft -l 0.5

But now my Card is detected as Card 1 and the changes hw:1 or hw:MTrack in the webconfig doesn’t seem to be applied. When I Stop Zynthian and Load it up again with: /zynthian/zynthian-sys/sbin/zynthian.sh JACK is always looking for hw:0

I’m using a Pimoroni pHAT DAC. I selected HifiBerry DAC+ light in the hardware configuration.

1 Like

I have a Sabrent USB card. Wich work with "Generic USB Card.
I have not tried with any other settings.

1 Like

alsamixer -c 1 is needed since Buster . . .

We don’t need the input anymore. The new mixer determines all available controllers.
Nevertheless feel free to post any improvements of the jack parameters

2 Likes

I’m trying to debug a USB Yeti Microphone and it’s only coming up in Mono. alsamixer -c does still function and that allows me to see the settings.
It appears in patchage as a stereo device but the two channels are mono’ed into the left channel of effects.

It seems ok on an audioinjector . . .

Whilst ther same process is going on in the Behringer UA-222 device …

I have just bought a Behringer U-Phoria UM2. It is a 2x2 USB audio interface for recording microphones and instruments It is a 48 kHz USB interface with a “studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamp and combination XLR/TRS input”. I am hoping to use it with a raspberry pi 2, 3.5" TFT touch screen, and some usb midi devices such as my MK-225C 2 octave keyboard, which all seems to be working well.

For the Behringer U-Phoria UM2 I had to do both this setting with “generic USB device”

-P 70 -t 2000 -s -d alsa -d hw:1 -r 48000 -p 256 -n 2 -X raw

and I had to change the file /etc/dbus-1/system-local.conf to

<policy user="root">
     <allow own="org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1.Audio1"/>
</policy>

as per @Baggypants suggestion. Thank you so much.

mine is also “card 1: CODEC” and using the word CODEC did not seem to work.

How do i add “alsamixer -c1” to my webconf menu ?

2 Likes

Hi, I’m trying with the same audio card. You made it work?

Yes. Mine works a treat now.

2 Likes

How do you config it on the web config??

As per this… Have you tried this?

Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen

1 Like

Hi @fillfl3x, welcome. Tell me, is this a question ?

Do you need help?

HiHi. Danke für die Aufnahme
Hab nur gelesen, dass man hier schreiben soll, welche USB Soundkarte man nutzt um sie eventuell intigrieren zu können.
Probiere gerade ein wenig mit dem RASPI rum. Mit Potis und allem macht das alles mehr Sinn. Überlege ob es ne gute Alternative zu einem digitalen Synthi ist…Korg Wavestate z.B.

Jaa so quasi. Sorry hatte gerade was zu tun und ka nicht zu einem vollständigen Satz :rofl:

Hello. I just started to build my first prototype of the Zynthian only using the Raspberry Pi 4 with build in sound card. The ALSA mixer doesn’t show anything.
Will the native sound card be implemented anytime soon?
I managed to adjust the master volume via shell, but it would be nice to be able to use the mixer in the zynthian GUI.
I also have other sound cards and wanted to use my NI Traktor Audio 2 MKII, but I have no idea how to use the custom implementation, so I could post the settings here like the other members do, so you can implement it in the mixer.
Where can I find a guide how to add a custom device?

Hi @Eule welcome on board.

If this is an USB class compliant midi device, you just have to configure it in webconf as “Generic Usb device”

I would love to, but HOW is the question.
Only selecting Generic USB Device seems to get me nowhere and I can’t find any hints or documentation how to get this soundcard as an Generic USB Device connected.
It is showing up in the alsamixer as audio device. i checked in the terminal, but no idea how to get it setup in the zynthian configuartion.
if i select generic USB device and reboot - i get not even into the zynthian after rebooting.

Hi @Eule ,
Once your your card is plugged in, go in the webconf where there is a shell console access, (but with ssh remote acces or putty, it’s okay too) type command:
aplay -l
and show us the output.

This will give us the list of the audio periphericals that are recognized by the system. This has nothing to do with Zynthian, it’s in a lower level.

Maybe this Usb sound card is too “proprietary” and doesn’t respond as an usb class compliant peripherical.