Blank screen (HDMI Shows boot to black screen with terminal prompt))

I hadn’t even considered using this as an effects hub for guitar… Cool!
I have chosen each of the mcp23017 encoders options in Webconf, rebooted, and tested with null results.

I guess what is left at this point is to test the MCP23017 itself. Any ideas on how I could do that?

Oh yeah, also the touch part of my screen appears to be rotated. Like, the screen has been rotated but not the touch calibration, if that makes sense… I fooled around with webconf for a bit. I tried adding touch-swapxy=1 and touch-invxy=1 and several combinations of similar flags to no avail…

On the path to figuring out why my encoders are not working I ran i2cdetect and I get this:

I’m not quite sure what I’m looking at. I should specify that I really don’t understand Rpi Pinouts at all.

1 Like

How do you get a console with Zynthian-ui in the background? Show us your dashboard of the webconf

I have a keyboard plugged in and just used Ctrl+alt+f2

You are using a stretch version. Did you try a buster?

I am using the correct image. I am certain at this point. I’m operating under the assumption that I burned out the GPIO expander and have ordered another… I hope i don’t destroy the all-in-one trying to remove he old one. I need some sort of plug that I could solder in instead of soldering the gpio expander directly…

Which components could I remove? Could you explicitly show me?

I am unable to use the buster image, becuase I cant get into the webconf app. When I ssh into the machine I also can’t download the drivers for the screen.

But our buster image should work with your screen. Why is the webconf failing?
Do you know how to start webconf, so that you see the errors in the shell?

No… I can’t login to webconf. Even with the correct password it just keeps kicking me to the login page.

Clear cookies?

And try a different browser. And tell is if you figured out why it doesn’t work. We didn’t. :slight_smile:

I don’t think Buster helps to solve your problem. It seems to be hardware problem because the MCP23017 is no present in the i2cdetect output. It should be in address 0x20 and it’s not (the device in 0x4D is the Hifiberry).

Regards,

Just letting you all know that I did indeed fry that last GPIO expander. I carefully removed it and installed a new one and Huzzah! it worked! I’ll post a sound/video sample soon. I just want it to be completely done first.

3 Likes

Okay. The last dumb thing I found out I have done is that on one of the rotary encoders, I soldered it together upside down. I removed the components and resoldered them right side up, but I really I’ve damaged the PCB beyond repair. Is there a way to order just one?

Pictures?, it’s surprising what can be repaired in such situations. . . .