Clone MIDI to ... not passing MIDI-CC to all synth layers [SOLVED!]

Hi @zynthianers!

I’ve improved the MIDI filter and now the “clone” function will clone some CCs. The list of CCs to clone defaults to [1,2,64,65,67,68], but can be configured for each clone pair (origin-destiny). This is currently implemented at low level, but not at a UI level, so until UI is implemented, it will take the hard-coded default values.

Simply update and enjoy!!

3 Likes

What do you want he webconf editor look like?
Adding the option…and then?

No need for webconf editor. It will be configured from UI.

Hi @zynthianers!

Today i feel strong … so i decided to implement the CC clone fine-grained selection on UI.
From the Clone To Channel list, bold click on the channel you want to configure …

Update your zynthian and enjoy!!

P.S: Yes, the Wiki’s user guide & UI workflow schemes need some update … :wink:

5 Likes

Baffled… that is so cool! May the strength be with you often and for a long time!

1 Like

That’s really a cool run through in a nutshell! Thank you. Been watching a Python tutorial and it doesn’t seem to be a too far stretch (although I admit, I like LUA script better).

Yes! Sustain pedal works on both instances now! I’m more than happy with that. Is there a chance we can fine clone aftertouch, program change? Maybe in the same list at the very beginning? * pretty please (with :cherries: on top) * :innocent:

Payment is in :face_with_monocle: with lots of sustain use . . .

No other currency considered . . .

1 Like

I don’t understand the use-case for cloning Program Change … Could you explain to me how would you like to use it?

Regards,

Channel aftertouch is already cloned.

1 Like

Of course.

Say I have ZynAddSubFX running on ch1 and Helm running on ch2. When I create layer using both synths (cloning) I could programm them in such a way that prg ch 1 on both is getting me my layer sound 1. prg ch 2 is getting me my layer sound 2, and so on.

another example:
I’m using custom made soundfonts alot. Maybe I have an accoustic drum kit on ch1 and an acoutic bass on ch2 I could programm the sounfont such, that I am able to play drums and bass on one channel when cloning (bass from c1-c3, drums from c4-c6). That Way I would’nt have to mess around creating hybrid soundfonts.

I hope that somehow clarifies my intention?

Sorry. Not too much. Do you mean using subsnapshots (ZS3)? :blush:

Yes I could see how sub snaps could accomplish that goal. I have not used them by now, cause I’m afraid they will not be nice to my somehow delicate setup with two fluidsynth running thru a MOD-UI-layer, accompnied by a zynaddsubfx.

But what if I use external MIDI-Gear? They can’t use sub snaps…

And the last argument is simply for the sake of completeness of common MIDI-messages.