Dexed (DX7 emulator) integration

No, the OnParam() function is used to set the parameters from LV2 events for the engine. For the engine the algorithm count starts at 0, so it has to be “de-humanized” :grinning:.

Perhaps the upload tool in webconf has to be checked… But I currently have no idea where to find it… could someone help?

1 Like

The converter is here:

But it’s very simple. It doesn’t manipulate values.

Regards,

microDexed doesn’t have any problem of that kind…
Any individual or bank sysex sent to microDexed is received and played conveniently…

You sure can’t edit the presets directly from microDexed’s UI, but when connected to your computer, any change you do on Dexed is immediately effective on microDexed… and then microDexed can save the preset on its own SD storage…
Plus… function parameters (pitch bend, mod wheel destination and depth, etc…) and a few extra features, are directly editable and adorable from MD’s UI…microDexed comes in 2 versions : monotimbral, 16 notes polyphony, or bitimbral, 2X8 notes polyphony… if I remember well…

Of course, if you’re wanting to use Dexed INSIDE Zynthian, that doesn’t help much… but if you’re simply into having DX7 sounds playable from you MIDI keyboard, microDexed is an excellent solution…
And it comes with Freeverb onboard…
(plus an autopan module ? Not sure on that point… eh eh… kidding is life)…
Have a nice day you all…

This maybe the problem:
For LV2 I decided to use a human-readable format as ranges for some values. Inside SYSEX there is a de-humanized format used (e.g. algorithms start at 0, not at 1). So the converter has to make a humanized LV2 from the SYSEX and when loading the converted SYSEX via LV2 it gets de-humanized again…

Regards, Holger

Does it applies for all values in every preset?

This always applies to the variables mentioned above. I’m sure there’s more… tranpose is another candidate.

I’ll do a search and post the list right away.

Here it is:

Byte counter (starts at 0)          correction value for LV2 pset
 20                                 -7
 41                                 -7
 62                                 -7
 83                                 -7
104                                 -7
125                                 -7
134                                 +1

Upps… really not more??? Ok, that’s it.

After thinking some time about the problem, I think that at some point I adapted the LV2 format inside dexed.lv2, but the converter scripts did not…

Regards, Holger

I will try to fix this next week. I just had to build my Z4…

1 Like

Ups! I already fixed by accident (i hope!) …

Please, update and test …

Regards,

Ah, ok :joy: Thx!

I just tested it with mine and after I deleted and re-uploaded the bank that was from a sysex, it had the correct values.

3 Likes