Disable Keystep Transport

I’m using a Arturia Keystep with Zynthian and am finding that whenever I press the transport buttons they send SYS messages that are causing the MIDI Recorder to start playing. I tried disabling the transport buttons from sending messages via the Arturia Control center, but they still get sent unfortunately.

Whenever I press stop, the Zynthian UI displays: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘pid’

It would be nice if I could set a MIDI rule to ignore SYS messages, but I couldn’t find any way to do that.

Any ideas how I could disable these? Thanks!

That’s familiar . . .

What does the MIDI log (and GUI debug) on the webconf say while all this is going on…?

Hey,

I just started using my Keystep with the Zynth and am getting the same issue.
The Keystep has an on board sequencer and arp and pressing play/stop controls this.

Also, rather weirdly, pressing play triggers a saved MIDI capture.

The MIDI log reads as follows

CH#01 CONTROL_CHANGE 54 => 127

SYS START

SYS CLOCK

SYS CLOCK

SYS CLOCK

SYS CLOCK

SYS CLOCK

SYS CLOCK

CH#01 CONTROL_CHANGE 54 => 0

SYS CLOCK…(repeats until I press stop)

CH#01 CONTROL_CHANGE 51 => 127

SYS STOP

I tried the MIDI filter to ignore 54 and 51 but that did nothing, so i’m guessing its the SYS messages.
I also get the “‘ERROR Stopping MIDI Play - NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘pid” on pressing stop.

Any thoughts?

Simon

1 Like

Hi @Simon and @Quixotic7!

I just added an option to disable the MIDI System Messages. Simply update your zynthian and the option will appear on UI’s Admin or Webconf’s MIDI options.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

@jofemodo

Having just updated to the buster Image ( 2020-02-28)
Un-checking this option in the webconfig and then save, does not apply the setting and the box re-ticks.
It works on the Zynthian though.