Error when updating

Hi there all you fellow zynthians,

I put my first zynthian (v4) together about a month ago.

When updating I always get the following error:

warning: redirecting to https://gitlab.com/Jofemodo/preset2lv2.git/
Executing /zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts/recipes.update/update_setBfree.sh ...
error: inflate: data stream error (incorrect data check)
error: failed to read delta base object 4060ace133cd4f07f159db1e3b3f54da28b3c591 at offset 1883873 from .git/objects/pack/pack-3f13a553c99493cbe0cc56e59afd0d138b457887.pack
fatal: packed object 9f3c8b15e624f2dc5eab564da148314afa13446c (stored in .git/objects/pack/pack-3f13a553c99493cbe0cc56e59afd0d138b457887.pack) is corrupt

I have also had some strange unwanted reboots sometimes.

Maybe a good idea to burn a new image.

One of your git repositories is corrupt.
(edit): it’s certainly the setBfree repository located at /zynthian/zynthian-sw/setBfree
since it’s the last script running and also the hash you’ve reported checks out:
root@zynthian:/zynthian/zynthian-sw/setBfree# git show 9f3c8b15e624f2dc5eab564da148314afa13446c | wc
6286 6317 483856

Any of these should solve this:

1. If you are confident that there is no real issue with your Sd card you could try to reinstall setBfree if you’re comfortable with using the command prompt. Fixing just the issue that you encounter and hoping no new ones will surface:

From a command prompt:

cd /zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts/recipes
./install_setbfree.sh

This is the quickest way, it will remove the broken repo and redownload and reinstall it.
If you encounter further disk errors something more serious is wrong either with your SD card or your install and it’s probably better to reinitialise your SD card.

1. Most intrusive: reburn the image on a reliable SD card. Please use a tool that verifies the burn to make sure there are no errors. Balena etcher works well.
    Remember to make a backup from the webconfig to preserve your personal files, presets, recordings etc before doing this, which you can restore later on the fresh image.

The strange unwanted reboots are suspicious enough in themselves and will most likely not be resolved by this. A fresh SD card with a new image might resolve this, or it’s still a lingering hardware problem (power supply/power cable/…).

1 Like

Thanks,

This (re-installing setbfree) solved my problem.

As to the reboots, the SD card was a brand new one (and I used Balena Etcher for writing the card). I’ll see how it fares from now on.

They can develop strange characteristics especially if there is a power outage or such like or you are recording to the built . I keep spares just in case.