Favorite/showcase sounds

What are your go to sounds/presets for:

“Hey show me how this thing sounds!”

?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think I have one go-to sound (there are so many!!!), but I do have something like a standard performance instrument:

ZynAddSubFX > Collection > Soft
I first heard this instrument in this song on OpenGameArt, and I’ve used it in practice sessions.

5 Likes

Thanks!
I like it.

1 Like

One of my favourites epianos:

Dexed->DCDCollection->09_ELEC_VANG

I love how the sound breaks when playing strong …

Enjoy!

5 Likes

One of my recent combinations:

1#ZY>Cormi Sound/romanticone
1#JV/MaGigaverb
2#ZY>Collection/Smooth
3#ZY> the mysterious bank 3/soft strings

Love the way overtones play with each other when using cutoff/resonance, controlling volumes and filters in real time.

That is also the first proof that my RPi 4 zynth is alive :slight_smile:

p.s. Smooth patch is one of my favorites as “soft like a pillow” bass

8 Likes

@dhrupadiya Fantastic piece! It sounds like I’m floating through musical space! :star: :sparkles: :star_struck:

1 Like

Wow. This sounds lovely and huge at the same time!

Well done.

1 Like

@dhrupadiya smoooooth! The most relaxing tracks in the forum :wink:
You got a fantastic sound texture with this! Could you share the snapshot?
@mheidt, it would be so nice to have this little download button in the snapshots panel … :innocent:

Regards,

1 Like

Yehes, Friday the latest :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was rudely awaken in my hotel room today by a horrible squawking, bleeping alarm. I would much rather have been woken by this soothing ethereal anthem. Really good piece. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

004-Smooth space.zss (11.5 KB)

Happy to share, @jofemodo :slight_smile:

It has CC assignment for my personal config to use with WORLDE midi controller , so please keep it in mind:

CC#1 is romanticone volume, #11 & #12 are cutoff and resonance
CC#3 is Smooth volume
CC#5 is soft strings volume and CC#15 and #16 are cutoff and resonance
CC#17 MaGigaverb roomsize #18 revtime #19 tail
CC#120 is main volume in MIXER

Layers in zynthian with this kind of controller can create miracles and magic blended properely. I can’t express how happy it makes me to explore different sound combinations.
Endless possibilities !

Until there is no download button in webconfig, I am successfully using FAR manager and Netbox feature builtin. Fast and very reliable file transfer and editing.

4 Likes

I just realized we might also need an upload button… :thinking:

2 Likes

@Jtunes - very good idea ! Also, if to dream about functionality, the ability to download / upload folder with snapshots as well as uploading an archive at once. It is too much to ask I believe (but similar extracting mechanism is already there in relation to soundfonts and presets).

Luke, don’t be hasty… Use the force… of manual file extraction :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I already said…it’s already possible in the webconf with backup and restore.
Just set the filter to the snapshot folder only
You get a nice zip with all your snapshots.

2 Likes

@mheidt, I am very happy grateful user and appreciate a lot your effort as well as anyone else’s involved in zynthian development. Thank you for pointing out webconf backup/restore feature. It is perfect, when you need to work with all your snapshots at once.

Working with few selected snapshots right now involves ssh and very comfortable for me, but for people not so familiar with terminal might be more complicated. I mean it is not a necessary feature (single snapshot upload), but it - could be convenient with time, isn’t it ?

If there is an download, it needs an upload as well…for sure.
The only problem is - as @wyleu said before - that the snapshot is not self contained.
If you are uploading a snapshot with a reference to a snapshot/preset that doesn’t exist, you will have a broken snapshot on your system

2 Likes

Very true, but in this case I view the contents of the snapshot in text viewer and locate the missing parts. Overwrite it afterwards and everything is fine :slight_smile:
Maybe we should move our discussion about all that to another part of the forum. This one is about the showcase and sounds :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dhrupadiya I completely agree. Let’s go back to musical space…

(ZynAddSubFX > Fantasy > Space Choir 1)

4 Likes

You do really fine soundscapes !!!

Ohhh! This is a really nice choir …

I’m thinking about a “favorites” feature for the presets. Something like:

• You can easily add/remove from favorites with some UI action i don’t know yet :wink:
  • You can easily toggle between See All / See Favorites, also with some UI action i don’t know yet :wink:
  • Possibility of “sharing” your favorites with the community (anonymously or with a nickname).

What do you think?

Regards,

2 Likes