First zynthian pictures

Hi people!

Usually I’m extremely hold back with posting anything on the internet, but I’m so exited (and I just can hide it :wink: and want to share a few pictures with you.

I got the screen, zynaptik board, raspi, hifiberry and the encoders. Tried to improvise the rest and guess what? It worked. I bent, drilled and routed aluminum. The case design is influenced by the mooger fooger.

I raised the the level of the hifiberry for better airflow and bend a aluminum heatsink to connect to the casing.

Last year I started playing piano and found the pianoteq modeler. That was the main reason to get a zynthian and I realized that my guitar benefits too. Now I’m soooo happy with that thingy!

Hope you enjoy the photos and feel free to ask any questions, because I profited so much from that forum.

cheers
Phil from Berlin

12 Likes

That’s a lovely build. It’s a beautiful finish. We’d like to hear how it sounds too! :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Hi, well done ! Building a strong and good looking case is the most difficult part imho and you deserved it very well. :+1:

Nice job. I like the wood cheeks. It gives a nice contrast with the black of the case.

Hi @Fresh030 !

Really nice build!! Congratulations!
But we need to ear it … :face_with_monocle:

Thank you all for your kinds remarks!

But I’m a little confused. You need to hear it? Don’t all the zynthians sound alike?
Either ways, here you go:

1. pianoteq and mda epiano
  2. old archtop guitar with p90 pickup with a little gain

At one point I got a big internal feedback with my guitar. I suspect an issue with ground and I don’t fully understand electric guitar circuitry (impedance, galvanic mumbo jumbo :see_no_evil: )
The rest works fine and i got kinda used to the ui.

4 Likes

No! They all sound different because they are so configurable and our playing styles / abilities vary greatly so it is great to hear what people are doing with their box.

4 Likes