I'm not seeing LV2 Engines on a update of an old machine

I’ve been constantly updating zynthian-amp2.local (It’s the big piano keyboard and 7" screen machine and it doesn’t seem to offer all those nice lv2 plugins . . .

How can I gently remind it to include this stuff which I’ve picked up cleanly on other zynths?

I would recommend to:

• Save your Snapshots and user Presets/Soundfonts
  • Re-burn the SD image and Update twice
  • Restore your SS & Presets

The backup utility from the webconf should be useful for that :wink:

Regards,

Is @wyleu testing the support service?

Well it’s either that or I’m putting in a bid to sub contract it …:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Probably yes … a kind of “stress test” !! :rofl::rofl:

Data Backup fails with …

>     return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
>   File "/zynthian/zynthian-webconf/lib/system_backup_handler.py", line 138, in post
>     }[action]()
>   File "/zynthian/zynthian-webconf/lib/system_backup_handler.py", line 129, in <lambda>
>     'DATA_BACKUP': lambda: self.do_data_backup(),
>   File "/zynthian/zynthian-webconf/lib/system_backup_handler.py", line 162, in do_data_backup
>     self.do_backup('zynthian_data_backup', SystemBackupHandler.DATA_BACKUP_ITEMS_FILE)
>   File "/zynthian/zynthian-webconf/lib/system_backup_handler.py", line 180, in do_backup
>     zf.close()
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.4/zipfile.py", line 1534, in close
>     self.fp.write(centdir)
> MemoryError
> ERROR:tornado.access:500 POST /api/sys-backup (192.168.1.8) 22867.39ms
> INFO:root:Client disconnected

root@zynthian-amp2:/zynthian/zynthian-webconf# uname -m
armv7l

Admittedly there are quite a few sf2 files on the zynth . . . .

I know. Can’t be fixed. You have to do it partially.
That’s why there is a filter feature.

Kind of guessed that…

At least it’s now documented :smiley:

• Using a different compression algorithm/tool?

• And what about avoiding the “compression” and simply using “tar”? Bandwidth is available for downloading/uploading from zynthian …

? @wyleu, change your password. Somebody hacked your account .

Better rhythm to it … :smiley:
Trying to see how the restore goes for system. I wonder if it will pull across host name. . . ?

There is definitely room for improvement.
But you well never get 100% because of timeouts.
Or you do it completely different.
Websocket or the like.
Feel free to do it.
I can live with partial backups.
I am not using backup and restore for sf2 anyways. They don’t change and I just upload them the normal way…which is limited as well.

Do you think, that tar won’t yield in a memory error?

I think no because it works directly to disk. Think that tar is thought for working with old tape-recorders :wink:

Regards

Everywhere!! and that’s just the rest of the planet. . .

I think it’s a non problem but it’s good to reflect on the process. As you say if you have valuable resource, like the mighty mellotrons in my case, you should look after it somewhere else than on your zynth!. . And I’ve copied them en-block over ssh, with the current file by file mechanism you wouldn’t load too many that you didn’t specifically need. So it’s almost a self limiting issue.