Important Info about Testing

I noticed that MIDI learn program change for ZS3 is broken. Add it to the issue tracker and someone will fix it soon.

Short press of top right encoder shows a menu that allows setting the mixer to MIDI CC learn. This allows mapping of external MIDI controller to the mixer (faders, mute, pan/balance, etc.). Adjusting a parameter will change to learning that parameter’s mapping/binding.

2 Likes

HI @mheidt !

I just fixed the issue with the ZS3 screeen in the classic layouts. Midi learning was not being enabled when opening. Just update.

Also, i noted that you probably have your switches configured as “MIDI Prog Change”. This is wrong and the wiring profiles must be updated to use the new mechanism i describe here.

It’s easy, simply configure the switches as “UI Action Release”, and then configure “Program Change” actions for the events you want. You only need to setup the program number and you could configure short, bold and long actions. If you want a single short-push action, you could configure the switches as “UI Action Push”.

Anyway, please, create the task in the issue tracker so i don’t forget to update the wiring profiles :wink:

Regards!

1 Like

I moved to bookworm and a V4 works so far. But the next big thing is WIFI:
/bin/sh: 1: /zynthian/zynthian-sys/sbin/set_wifi.sh: not found
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: ERROR:web.log_exception: Uncaught exception GET /wifi/list (192.168.40.136)
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: HTTPServerRequest(protocol=‘http’, host=‘192.168.40.132’, method=‘GET’, uri=‘/wifi/list’, version='HT>
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: File “/zynthian/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 1788, in _execute
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: result = method(*self.path_args, **self.path_kwargs)
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: File “/zynthian/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages/tornado/web.py”, line 3301, in wrapper
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: File “/zynthian/zynthian-webconf/lib/wifi_list_handler.py”, line 49, in get
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: zynconf.wifi_up()
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: File “/zynthian/zynthian-ui/zynconf/zynthian_config.py”, line 434, in wifi_up
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: check_output(sys_dir + “/sbin/set_wifi.sh up”, shell=True)
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: File “/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py”, line 466, in check_output
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: return run(*popenargs, stdout=PIPE, timeout=timeout, check=True,
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: File “/usr/lib/python3.11/subprocess.py”, line 571, in run
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘/zynthian/zynthian-sys/sbin/set_wifi.sh up’ returned non-zero>
Feb 28 18:05:39 zynthian zynthian_webconf.sh[729]: ERROR:web.log_request: 500 GET /wifi/list (192.168.40.136) 9.35ms

HI @mheidt !

Yes. Wifi is the next task in my “bookworm” list. I would like to start tomorrow.
FYI, bookworm fully integrates NetworkManager and all configuration is done using the nmcli command. I’ve been doing some tests and i must say I really love how network works now. nmcli is a great tool and i’m convinced that migration will be straightforward and the result, more reliable and robust.

Regards,

3 Likes

Is there anything special to consider when trying to boot oram? I downloaded 2024-02-20-zynthianos-bookworm-aarch64-oram-2402.zip, unzipped it, and wrote the resulting .img file to an SD-card using the Linux dd command, as I have done before. When mounted on my Linux laptop, I get a root and a boot partition as expected; also checked the file systems on the two partitions with fsck. But when inserted into Zynthian and the unit powered up, the red LED comes on as expected, and so does the green one, it then flashes randomly for a bit (sortof as you’d expect a hard disk LED to flash), say 20 seconds or so, but after that there is no activity neither on the green LED nor on the Zynthian touchscreen. Left the system on for well over half an hour to see if there would be further activity, but there was none.

EDIT: Tried writing an older Zynthian image that I’ve had lying around (2022-11-01-zynthianos-stable.img) and with that image on the card Zynthian boots fine.

I’ve got V4 hardware if that makes any difference.

Have you tried getting to webconf via a browser on another device on the same network as the Zynthian? You should just have to put in zynthian.local as the URL.

If that doesn’t work you could try to ssh to Zynthian and see what’s going on.

The image that I downloaded was broken. I used the webconf and upgraded. After that the V4 booted up

That image (the very first to use Zynthian bookworm) has lots of issues that have since been fixed. At the moment you must:

• Boot with the image and wait about 5 mins (for initial setup and automatic reboot)
  • Update via webconf (password: opensynth)

There should be a new image soon but we are working hard to resolve as many issues as possible.

Please remember that there has been no announcement about this image because it is not ready for testing. It is made available for the most courageous or foolhardy!

3 Likes

Thanks @riban, @mheidt and @tunagenes! For some reason I never considered that it might actually be running although the display showed no activity. My mindset is firmly buried in the embedded world I guess. As you suspected, webconf was responsive and I’m letting it update as we speak.

1 Like