Improving the Zynthian MIDI Router

Hi Markus!

Yes. The webconf MIDI filter rule builder should be updated to reflect the latest improvements. I’ve updated the PG to PC for “Program Change” arguments, but we have a few more changes:

• Allowed events are: “NON”,“NOFF”,“KP”,“CC”,“PB”,“PC”,“CP”. NON and NOFF have been added.
  • All event types except, “PB” and “CP”, optionally have a numeric part (0-127), separated with “#”. The current webconf tool enforces this numeric part for CC and don’t allow to specify for the rest.

In the next weeks I would like to add some new features, like “event => system command” mapping, useful for freaky tech-art installations and others…

Of course, i’m always open to proposals and suggestions :wink:

Thanks!

1 Like

PP (!?) for poly-pressure. I have two Ensoniq SQ-80 !

Probably you mean “Key Press”, that is already supported :wink:

2 Likes

What’s the function and differences between
ZynMidiRouter & ZynMidiRouter-01?

Excuse me, @wyleu, i don’t know what do you mean with “ZynMidiRouter-01”? :wink:

It was an extra instance in qjackctl. . .

Can’t get it now.

wyleu finger trouble…

1 Like

would it also be possible to rout the midi signal from the midi in to the usb ports?
I didnt build in a midi out in my housing and might be a bit difficult to fit it…

This should be possible already. Connect a usb midi interface. If it only has one port, you can change it in the webconf from IN to OUT

now I dont have the keyboard anymore I needed this for. But thank you anyway!

a while ago my zynthian was working like this: I had a usb keyboard (keith mcmillen kboard) and an actual midi keyboard with midi connection both connected to the zynthian, so one with the usb cable and the other one with a midi cable. Then I went out of my zynthians midi out into the synth that I was actually playing, a digitone. So I could control one synth with two different types of keyboards. Somehow this functionality was lost later, not sure if it happened after an update. Is there something I can type in this MIDI Ports window in webconf to get this back? This was very useful for me!