InnoMaker Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT PCM5122

Shouldn’t it be -d hw:BossDAC?

2 Likes

@Baggypants is correct. Also the alsa initialisation shows the card running at 48000 so maybe it should be:

-P 70 -t 2000 -s -d alsa -d hw:BossDAC -r 48000 -p 256 -n 2 -X raw

I too noticed the errors in the log but saw the card is presented to alsa so worth trying this configuration to see if it improves matters.

2 Likes

SOLVED!!

Both the 44100 and 48000 are working now with setBfree’s rotary with the appropriate speed.

@Baggypants , @riban , @le51 , @jofemodo , thank you so much for all of your help!!
I will update the bug report, and include the custom audio setting.

And @wyleu, I believe some music is in order? :face_with_monocle:

I’ll be doing a good bit of composition work in the next few weeks, and I’d be more than happy to post some videos and sound clips here. Is there a specific forum/thread for creative works with the Zynthian?

Zynthian and it’s community are amazing. Thank you all so much again!!

7 Likes

That’s rather excellent. Did it use zynth?

THere isn’t really any specific thread for media, there is however a @jofemodo selected list of stiff he likes, and as he represents the BDFL round here it tends to be his choice.

Hurrah, it works ! I will update the webconf software to add this DAC.

Nice piece of music btw.

Thank you!

Actually recorded that on Reaper some time ago, not Zynthian just yet!
I’m going to make a quick video tomorrow with the Zynthian and my floor pedal keyboard,
showcasing the great sound of setBfree (especially that leslie emulation!!), with a synth bass underneath. I’ll be posting pictures here today of my home build rack Zynth.

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed it!!

And again, you identified exactly what driver was needed and that was a massive help in solving this riddle. Thank you so much for your help!!

This is the DAC HAT I have; doesn’t look like it was every added in webconf. Also, is there way to control the max volume? This HAT is really loud. Nearly blew my head off when I ran the audio test.

Oh yes, that’s why it was reminding me something that I have known :innocent:

For the volume, see if alamixer command can help.

with headphones with line out ?

Headphones