Installing an Audio input into a zynthian v2

Hello all, very new here so apologies for any mistakes! I have been wanting a zynthian for months but due to economic issues and mental health reasons, i have not been able to get one. Recently, i decided to pull the allegorical trigger and buy one, however they wont be in stock and as far as i know the new one will be in stock around June. However, i found one that is a v2 thats being sold in my home country (in the EU). I planned on using a zynthian as some sort of an effects “pedal” for my bass guitar as well as a synthesizer (not at the same time however). I know that the Zynthian v2 does not have any audio inputs, however my burning question is if its possible to install one by oneself? If so, how can one do so and does anyone have the schematics for the v2? (I searched as hard as i can but could not find it). Thank you and apologies if this is a nonsense question or if i made a mistake!

1 Like

Hi @Norling a warm welcome.

You will find very useful informations in the wiki:

Both were created around a RBPI3B and mostly the same case.
But you will have to:

• drill some holes for additional audio inputs
  • wire cables by yourself
  • buy a HifiBerry DAC+ADC

So, there will be additional costs and manual work …

Other option is to use an external USB audio interface.

All Zynthian hardware related are located on github : GitHub - zynthian/zynthian-hw: Zynthian hardware stuff: PCBs, schemes, parts specifications, pin assignment, ...

RBPI3b is less powerful than RBPI4. Depending on the effects you will apply to your bass guitar input and the synth engines you plan to use at the same time, it could be doable or not.

1 Like