Internal midi clock for running sequencer layers?

@riban this question keeps circling in my mind, so I have to ask you this :slight_smile:

The master tempo settings in the zynthian is a function, which can be set manually in the UI.
Some time ago I made you add the Master Tuning to the MIDI Options and now I am very happy, that I can generate templates for each tuning I am using.
Each of these tunings comes with a precise tempo, so the question is if it would be possible to add a tempo field to the MIDI options with the additional precision to the hundreds, like 63.08 BPM for example.
I know, for most people it seems strange to have such a tempo, but I am working with precise tunings and I am also calculating the precise tempo.
I am already happy, that I can edit the tempo now by the cent, but if I produce multiple tracks of the same tuning, it would be helpful to have the tempo already implemented in the MIDI template.
I tune music to the orbital frequencies of astronomical objects. Sonification of astronomical events.
Precision is key here.
I have created already templates with all the Master Tunings for each planet and the moons of the solar system and it is really helpful to just select a template and have the music tuned.
The tempo is the weak point of this.

So, I wonder why this general midi option of TEMPO is such an issue.
Is it not possible to just set the internal TEMPO to incoming tempo information?
The synchronous start of the transport is the second parameter which needs to come in and the slave mode would be working.
Anyways… the tempo field in the MIDI options would be a handy addition. Think about it.