Introduce yourself!

zynthling @b0bje two steps forw. . . …wait FOR IT … aaard…

Present image of zynthian on forummm…

Present audio sample of zynthian … … . .

. . . . .

The rest of you … STOP SNIGGERING !!!

3 Likes

Hello,

I am Vincent, I went to this forum to speak about midified Open Theremin and Zynthian one or two years ago.

At this time I didn’t have my Zynthian but had an oportunity to discover how this project was interesting.
I had a SM Pro Audio V-Machine to cover my need for software synth on stage but I kept the Zynthian in my list of future project…

Recently, I advertised to a friend of mine the Zynthian, telling him that he would take no risk and that I would buy him his device if he was not totally satisfied.
Unfortunally he left his band and get too much buzy for zynthian project. Then he took advantage of my proposal and sold me his Zynthian.

Here I am, I have my Zynthian ! I am having a lot of fun and I am ready to share tips, help to fix problem and, most important, make some music…

4 Likes

Welcome aboard . . .

So easily they fall into the trap!!! . . . :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Did I fall into some linguistic trap ? “Play some music” maybe… I spent one hour or so on Wordreference to see if I made any English speaking error ! :thinking: and didn’t find any answer…

1 Like

Wyleu 's"ceterum censeo" is to ask for an audio footage.

2 Likes

OK ! I got it…

Some theremin voices trying to be celestial (some LV2 step sequencer on Zynthian + midi theremin on my V-Machine):

6 Likes

A lovely closing shot of many a film!! :smiley:

has anyone seen my Trirere …?

2 Likes

Nice! Added to Sound Demos …

http://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_Sound_Demos

the list is slowly growing up … but we need more!!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hello,

I’m Julien. I really enjoy to play with tech stuff. I discovered zynthian a few monthes ago.
Great piece of software and hardware !!!
Congratulation to the team and contributors.

1 Like

Hello,

Have you built a kit or do you have desktop constructions we are desperate to see . . . . .:smiley:

… and hear :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I really don’t want you to get blind :wink: But I promise that I will post a picture once it won’t be such a mess anymore !

1 Like

Hi wyleu, hi Markus,
I will take a second try to introduce myself. During the last conversation I didn’t know the possibilities of Zynthian and this discourse. So I could not give an proper answer.

But now I know more and yesterday I made a decision. I will finish my old project with DX7-case and the Böhm-Expander. It’s too heavy.

Yesterday I opend a Novation Impulse 61. There is on the right side enough space for a zynthian, and:

during the last days I made a lot of tests to drive the zynthian without encoders and switches and I can say: it works very well.

Now I have to decide what components I will put into the Impulse61.
Surely a Raspi4 with 4GB, but I do not know, what soundcard (hifiberry ADC + DAC or pro, what’s the difference?) and what monitor.

But this has to wait till next week, because we have a great gig at sunday. And than I’m looking forward to have well sounding light weighted keybord that I can carry in a bag and drive with a powerbank and an outdoor speaker.

Wonderful , :+1::rainbow:

4 Likes

Wait until we know if the hifiberry ADC + DAC one is really balanced.

1 Like

Hi everybody.

I am not sure this is the right place to start for a newcomer anymore (Please tell me… it looks inactive since 2019, but I wouldn’t know where else to go!)

So my name is Jérôme, from France, and here I am just starting to discover the Zynthian galaxy which seems absolutely awesome :grinning: :upside_down_face: :star_struck: ! I had been looking for many music/synth projects around the Raspberry before, but never found something that looked so “serious” (=professional) and so fun at the same time ! And the fact that it is “community driven” sounds even more fascinating to me. :family_man_woman_girl_boy:

So while I am gently waiting for my future kit to arrive in January, I was already wondering how to get in touch with some other users in real life ! I mean I know the forum seems really lively and massive, but I would also love to be able to see a demonstration with my own eyes ! And of course, when I am confident enough in the future, I sure will love to demonstrate to anyone else !

So could you tell me guys if there is anything meant to get people in touch (for those who are volunteers for that obviously).

Thanks a lot zynthianers :wink:

3 Likes

I’d suggest searching the forum for Zynthian Club, but the first rule of Zynthian Club is…

Hi @clandestino

Welcome to, what I think is a wonderful, friendly and enthusiastic community… but I may be a touch biased :smiley:. This is definitely the right place to introduce yourself and thank you for reviving this topic. Let’s hope others now see it and introduce themselves too.

Zynth Club is an irregular online meeting of irregular people. We talk about various subjects, even Zynthian occasionally. It is the only place where you can actually meet other Zynthianeers without stalking someone. (There are those who do stalk - beware our friends in the North!) Don’t be shy to post a new topic here in Discourse if you want to discuss something but do read around first and/or search to see if the topic already exists. Also check out the wiki for lots of documentation. (You have already proved your good intentions by digging deep enough to find this old topic.)

Hi @riban and everyone !

Yes you’re right ! I have no doubt that this Zynthian community is fantastic, actually that’s one of the reason why I decided to jump into the project as well. I noticed this strong human approach when I first contacted @jofemodo, then I found that this project is based on a beautiful vision of what technology should be : a great tool a the service of people (and not the other way round!!!).

Anyway. To be very factual, is there any Zynth club meeting planned soon ? I would love to take part in it ?

And about meeting people in real life, yes of course I can randomly try to contact user X or Y… but I am deeply convinced that among all users, some of them would love to be able to connect to other “neighbors” (I mean on the scale of Earth :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: ) but wouldn’t know how to do it or wouldn’t think about it naturally…

So have you ever considered a tool to facilitate this connection (again only based on volunteering, i.e. people who are willing to share/show/teach/learn in real life) ? Something like this for eg. (interactive Map of labs in the world) ???

So far I have searched the forum and haven’t found this topic much highlighted…

2 Likes

Hi @clandestino !

I’ve been part of “Made MakerSpace BCN” (that it’s not in the Makery map!!) for a long time. Now i live in the country side, and the nearest Lab i know is the BeachLab on Sitges (@CesarGarcia).

Anyway, perhaps this map could be also interesting for you:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hi @jofemodo !

Ah believe me, if I were around I would love to go to a makerspace in Barcelona… I am just crazy about this city :heart_eyes: (I even have some roots from there…).

Anyway, very interesting map, but looks like it’s meant more to show city names and machine names rather than users ! So I guess if my Zynthian box wants to contact another Zynthian box, I could show it this map :wink: :rofl: :upside_down_face: !!!

What about you, zynthian masters/creators ! How would you feel about helping zynthian people connecting in real life ? I suppose the idea has already crossed your mind… any thoughts ?

PS: I am quite sure the Raspberry Pi community in France used to have such a map of users, but I don’t know if it exists anymore, maybe the community is too big for such a tool now…

Hi @clandestino. Every zynthian machine has, normally, a fellow zynthianer associated (*). The map help you to check if there is some zynthianer near of you. Contacting them is your task :wink:

(*) In the case of @wyleu , every zynthian device he owns only have 1/10 user or so :grin:

Regards,