Midi 2 Encoders

For those who wonder:
51=SELECT jumps to the end of a list
And SELECT_DOWN and UP are reverse to what humans are thinking.
So Down is actually selecting the item above the selected…maybe because the index is getting a value that is one down to the previous one :slight_smile:

And @jofemodo, the Channel 15 (16) is not shown in the midi log. Only when I select the Midi In of my V25.
The app that @Baggypants linked to is quite buggy. Labels not matching the input boxes f.e.
Furthermore it is using zero based channels like they are transfered over the wire. But imho that is a problem on their side. Or should we switch to 0 based in webconf as well?

I think we should keep human facing elements as 1 based, i.e. MIDI channels 1…16. The geeks amongst us (you know who you are) are capable of the complex math involved in adding / subtracting one!!! :wink:

yes, agree. I filed a bug report in their github.

Well of course it’s buggy, did you not see what it was forked from?

:slight_smile: I took the one you forked from.

1 Like

This key is just off the top of an akai mpk MINI KEYBOARD …:roll_eyes:
|| MIDI || COMMAND || NOTE ||
|“51”| “SELECT”, | Eb|
“52”: “SELECT_DOWN”, E
“53”: “SELECT_UP”, F

"64": "SWITCH_BACK_SHORT",  E
"63": "SWITCH_BACK_BOLD", Eb
"62": "SWITCH_BACK_LONG", D
"65": "SWITCH_SELECT_SHORT", F
"66": "SWITCH_SELECT_BOLD", F#
"67": "SWITCH_SELECT_LONG",G
"60": "SWITCH_LAYER_SHORT", C
"61": "SWITCH_LAYER_BOLD",C#
"59": "SWITCH_LAYER_LONG",B
"71": "SWITCH_SNAPSHOT_SHORT",   B
"72": "SWITCH_SNAPSHOT_BOLD",  C
"73": "SWITCH_SNAPSHOT_LONG" C#

The current default CUIA note-mapping has not been deeply thought, but you can re-map it quite easily with a few filter rules. Anyway, i will be very happy of improving the “default” mapping to something smarter. Proposals are very welcome :wink:

In case you are remapping, please stay within 25 keys from c to c, the range of the small ones.

Personally I don’t care, because I use the keyboard to play music and program the tabs and buttons for something like that.