Mimo UM 740 USB display

hi,

i have a mimo um 740 7" usb display, it is a displaylink device. Drivers are supported in the latest linux kernels.
I make it work with Raspex the latest version out of the box. It is supposed a port of ubuntu for raspberry pi.
Would it be posible to build a zynthian device with this display?

I suposse yes. Zynthian is raspbian-based (Jessie). If your display is supported in Debian Jessie, it should work, but you have to configure by hand. Webconf doesn’t include this model yet. If you do it, please, send a “configuration script” and i will add the display to the zynthian webconf.

Regards,

i am testing the last sd zynthian image + rpi3 + audio injector + Mimo UM-740 usb display

i have installed the sd image, boot up the rpi3 and access via webconf to the zynthian. I have changed the display to [custom] and entered the resolution 800x480

and, voila!

ok next step audio injector test. Interface is posible to use it with mouse at the moment.

4 Likes

Hi, I am Chimiel, quite new here for a few minutes. :slight_smile:

I am wondering if there is any possibility to share a download for this image? I am struggling for years to find/make a working distribution in combination with this MIMO 740 to get display and touch function to work… I used Raspbian before…

Or maybe a howto guide ? :slight_smile:

Cheers, Chimiel.

2 Likes

Where can I find the image? Id love to work with my mimo um 740 and rpi too

Have you tried the wiki? ,-)

Zynthian Software - ZynthianWiki

We also have this:

https://os.zynthian.org/

Although these images are experimental …

Cheers,

hi,

I am back :slight_smile: I have installed now the latest image (from the site in post above) and now I am stuck in a flickering password/login screen. (i have put an 22 inch philips screen with hdmi on)

what is the zynthian login and can i have it automatically so I do not have to enter it again?

Cheers, Michiel

If you see a console login on your hdmi screen, you have to configure it via webconf first.
@jofemodo is it possible to show a message before the login prompt?

You need to configure your hardware from webconf.

How can I config webconf?

http://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Configuration_Users_Guide