MOD UI no audio input

Hello,

First time poster; I have a Zynthian build v4 for about 2 months and wanted to use MOD-UI as an external effects chain.

The problem is I don’t seem have any audio input? I have tested output with a synth and this works. I’m also sure the audio input source works as this is tested aswell. When I just bypass all effects or just connect the inputs to the outputs, no sound is being passed through.

Any tips on this?

Thank you,
Steven

Hi @mrz welcome and happy new year :wink:

can you provide the output of command :

arecord -l

(you can acces a terminal emulator within the webconf tool)

Happy New year.

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****                                                                            
card 3: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplusadcpro], device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ADC Pro HiFi multicodec-0 [HiFiBerr
y DAC+ADC Pro HiFi multicodec-0]                                                                                      
  Subdevices: 0/1                                                                                                     
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0                                                                                          
root@zynthian://zynthian#                                                                                             

This is the output.

Ok, I just discovered when I not fully plugin the jacks it works (just discovered this totally by accident)

edit:
I have opened it up and it’s a presoldered part with the 4 Jacks. So can’t really do anything wrong here.

best regards,
Steven

That sounds like you need to configure the inputs which can be balanced or single ended.

• In webconf navigate to HARDWARE->Audio
  • Enable “Advanced view”
  • Under “Mixer Controls” click the “+” button
  • Change “ADC Left Input” and “ADC Right Input” - the options are:
    • “No select” - Disables input
    • “VINL1[SE]” - Configures as single ended TS
    • “VINL2[SE]” - Configures as single ended RS
    • “VINL2 [SE] + VINL1 [SE]” - Configures as mono from both single ended TRS
    • “{VIN1P,VIN1M}{DIFF}” - Configures as balanced TRS

I select “VINL2 [SE] + VINL1 [SE]” so that I can use a mono single ended input (unbalanced) or a stereo input for each channel. A stereo feed is monoed on that channel.

1 Like

Thank you so much, this was indeed the solution. What can’t this device do. I am still at the very beginning of this rabithole.

Best regards,
Steven