I’m proud of announcing the second release candidate of the new SD image, Aruk, based in the ZynthianOS building system contributed by @guysoft:
I’ve tested and almost everything seems to work, but i’m pretty sure you will find the errors i haven’t found.
After thinking a while about giving some guidance on the testing procedure, but finally i realized that perhaps is better to leave everyone to use the software according to his own use-case.
So this is the very short testing guide
Download and burn the SD image
Plug the SD-card and boot your zynthian. It should boot twice, so wait until the UI is shown for 20 seconds or more.
Update the software for getting the latest fixes.
Test everything and take note of every error you find and the way to reproduce it. If we can’t reproduce the error is very very difficult to fix it!!
Post your report in this thread or in our Issue Tracking System, taking care of not repeating, please:
Some features you could test:
- Check that every engine in the list is working
- Layers: Create, remove, etc.
- Layer Options: Add/sort/remove effects, clone, transpose, change MIDI-channel, etc.
- MIDI-learning: ZS3 subsnapshots (Program Change Learning)
- MIDI-learning: Controller Learning
- Snapshots: Load, save, etc. (MIDI-learning should be saved and restored too!!)
- Audio/MIDI recording & play
- Admin Menu Options: Single Channel Mode, ZS3 feature, etc.
- WIFI network configuration: hotspot, add/remove networks, etc.
- Pianoteq License Activation
- Jalv Plugins
- MIDI options: profiles, special features, …
Thanks for helping to improve Zynthian!!