New prospective user with some questions

Aw, nuts!

Are there any other LV2 convolution plugins I wonder? It’s not like I had my heart set on KlangFalter, I only found out about it from the Zynthian Wiki.

Yes there are four called:

• LSP Impulse Responses Mono
  • LSP Impulse Responses Stereo
  • LSP Impulse Reverb Mono
  • LSP Impulse Reverb Stereo

I breifly tried one of these and was able to load an impulse response and hear it working. I will play a bit more and report back.

LSP Impulse Reverb Stereo is CPU intensive leading to quick onset of xruns (clicks).

Interesting… What’s the difference between the impulse responses and the impulse reverb variants? For my instrument body IRs I’d only need mono anyway and they’re a lot shorter than most reverbs so I might get away with it.
Edit: Ok, I found some documentation and it looks like the reverb versions are able to load multiple IRs while the others are only able to load one.

I found an apparently super light convolution plugin. It literally only has one parameter (the IR) so it wouldn’t be great for reverb. That would be fine for cabsim (and instrument body sim) assuming the output is 100% wet.
If I upload some typical instrument body IRs later would someone be able to test it out for me? An example use case would be to pass an electroacoustic guitar signal through the IR of a guitar body.

Sure - will do! This is already integrated in Zynthian and Robin (x42) is a very good audio plugin engineer so I hope this will be good. In Zynthian we have these three versions:

• LV2 Convolution Mono
  • LV2 Convolution Mono=>Stereo
  • LV2 Convolution Stereo
3 Likes