New stable version is almost here: Staging-2210

HI Pau! Really nice to see you here! I will fix this problem ASAP.

Y a ver cuando echamos una birra. compay!

1 Like

Hi @jofemodo . I hope to slowly get the grasp of this little beast and be able to contribute on something else than bug reporting or favour demands :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your help!!

La birra la farem ben aviat segur!!!

Hi Pau!
Could you send me some of your snapshots so i can test with them?
Thanks!

003-oriol.zss (70.4 KB)
Hi Fer!!

This one does not work in the new version but it’s the one I use in the stable version.

It has another problem, midi channel 4 (substract one in the json file) seems empty, but if you look at the json file it has a setBfree channel. I probably added and deleted it testing engines, but it has remained there. I noticed it when trying to use the midi channel, there was a scond sound :slight_smile:

Thanks for your huge work and see you RSN!

1 Like

Hi Pau!

The problem with legacy snapshots is solved. I’ve tested with your snapshot and now it loads perfectly, restoring all ZS3, etc. Simply update and test.

Regarding the channel 4 hidden chain, let me take a look.

Avisa cuando tengas un rato y echamos esa birra! :wink:

Hi again!

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve updated twice, just in case :slight_smile:

If you look at the snapshot in webconf, everything is fine there, take as an example PC21: you can find it inside channel 3 and in the print menu. It selects my Expressive Strings.

When you check the MIDI Log, PC 21 is detected but nothing happens.

For the rest, some work, some are not in their place, I can’t find a pattern.

If you click “learn/shot” button twice to access ZS3 list, what do you see?
Could you send me a screenshot from this? You can capture screenshot from CLI like this:

# export DISPLAY=:0
# scrot shot01.png

Regards!

Or one-liner:

DISPLAY=:0 scrot shot01.png

1 Like

Video attached :slight_smile:

They are all there, same as in webcon!

1 Like

Hi Pau! Try again, please :wink:

A post was merged into an existing topic: SooperLooper - In Testing

A post was merged into an existing topic: SooperLooper - In Testing

Hi again! Seems like it is solved now!!! :heart_eyes:

I’ve tried the snapshot and everything loads fine now. I can send Program Change commands from the Control Screen and also from the Mixer Screen, this is wonderful, I can see how the name of the chain changes :slight_smile:

Would be nice to be able to optionally assign a short name to the ZS3, so that you could quicky read it, that’s important when you are on stage.

I’ll give it a thorough test tomorrow!!

Good job, thank you very much!

There is a small typo in zyncoder introduced in the latest patch from @riban . Please s/stderrr/stderr

Consolidate compiler generated dependencies of target zyncore
[ 7%] Building C object CMakeFiles/zyncore.dir/zyncontrol_vx.c.o
/zynthian/zyncoder/zyncontrol_vx.c: In function ‘init_zynswitches’:
/zynthian/zyncoder/zyncontrol_vx.c:143:10: error: ‘stderrr’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘stderr’?
fprintf(stderrr, “ZynCore: Setting-up %d x Zynswitches…\n”, NUM_ZYNSWITCHES);
^~~~~~~
stderr
/zynthian/zyncoder/zyncontrol_vx.c:143:10: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/zyncore.dir/build.make:90: CMakeFiles/zyncore.dir/zyncontrol_vx.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:111: CMakeFiles/zyncore.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2
/zynthian/zyncoder /zynthian/zyncoder
/zynthian/zyncoder

I’m now trying to replace Legacy ZS3 with New ZS3 , just to see what happens when mixing them. And it does not work as expected.

Whenever I replace a legacy ZS3 with a new ZS3, all the ZS3 labelled as New are assigned the latest change, losing all the New ZS3 values. And if I replace a new ZS3 again, all the ZS3 labeled as New change to the latest value.

I’ll make more tests tomorrow!

stderrr is resolved now - thanks @pau.

1 Like

Hi @pau !

I think i don’t understand your problem. I’ve tried to save new ZS3 on top of your snapshot and it works for me. Please, give me the steps for reproducing your problem, including the observed & expected behaviour. A video would be cool too :wink:

cheers

Legacy-New Mix Snapshot conflict

Hello. Here you are, hope it helps!

Pau

1 Like

Hi Pau! It works for me. I was testing with the same programs, 13 & 14 and i have no problem learning new ZS3 on top of the legacy ones. I tested several ones and no problem at all.

Please, could you check again with a fresh snapshot from stable? Note if you save the legacy snapshot in the staging, it get converted to the new format and it can’t be used in stable never more.

Regards,

Be sure to start from a clear all if you are building it again…