Per Instrument Transposition [SOLVED!]

Hi @bigmalletman !

The 2 issues should be fixed now. Please, update and test.

Regards!

I will check as soon as I get a good block of time to thorougly test. Maybe tonight, otherwise tomorrow. I was happy with the midi-fx solution, but it seems like the per instrument layer has faster loading times in the subsnapshots.

1 Like

I was testing with your snapshot (Daniel.zss) and change time is about 1 second or faster. I hope this is enough for your use case.

Regards,

Yep. The midi-fx tended to load the instrument and THEN change the octave, but the new snapshot with layer settings is pretty instant.
Pianoteq’s free packs (which include the chimes and piano voices I use) are the slowest to load, but I think that’s because the samples are big. Free is free though.

1 Like

Pianoteq doesn’t use samples at all. It’s a physical modeler. It spend the time doing maths :grin:

You know, my mind barely noticed words likes “physically modeled virtual copy” on Modartt’s instrument pages. I never really stopped to think about the differences between the words “modeled” and “sampled”. Interesting.

1 Like

But you choose to use Pianoteq over other engines. Perhaps the reason is that it’s modeled instead of sampled. You didn’t noticed the words, but your soul perceived the difference :wink:

ha! I choose Pianoteq because it is hard to find “realistic” sounding instruments. Pianoteq takes care of the 5 major mallet percussion instruments.

1 Like

Although it could sound contradictory, Pianoteq is so realistic and responsive precisely because is not sampled but physically modeled. I felt in love with Pianoteq the first time i played it. 1 minute was enough for perceiving the huge difference.

P.S. I don’t receive any money nor licenses or any other benefit from Moddart Regarding Pianoteq, i’m a simple user and a big fan!! :wink:

3 Likes