Pi4!

New revision of pi4 with better psu handling.

4 Likes

Fantastic!! Good to know …

Just learned the Pi-4 2gB is dropping in price and the 1gB is no longer in production.
Any time frame for official Pi-4 kit?

We’re working on it, but designing and testing a good fanless cooling system has taken longer than expected. Also, we are adding some extra “feature” that would pave the road for new functionality …

Anyway, we hope to release the new kit before summer …

Regards,

4 Likes

OH god here we go again … :smiley:

Place your bets…

• Holographic display
  • built in MOS Technology 6581 added to the zynscreen
  • A fully supported ported version of Cubase for the Atari ST from 1989 for touchscreens
  • A 17th MIDI channel
  • Wiimote integration as an expression controller
  • Folding Zynthian
  • Magnetic pogo pin connector for seamless connection of multiple zynths allowing pianoteq to run at 48KHz with 128 polyphony by connecting 64 zynths with two polyphony.
  • Built in Pez dispenser.
5 Likes

My real doubt is what is best between the Wiimote integration and the PEZ dispenser :smiley:

1 Like

We could have both!

7 Likes

Why stop there? Let’s add 240 MIDI channels!
https://djtechtools.com/2020/01/10/what-is-midi-2-why-does-it-matter/

MIDI 2.0 will have 256 MIDI Channels and up-to 32 bits of resolution…

3 Likes

I’ve been considering the Pi4 as an upgrade to my 3B (non +)

Those who have it, is it a big improvement in performance?
I know some of the Synth presets can be quite demanding and some patches on the OBx and reMID are pretty unplayable. Most Synths do seem fine though.
Its looks like the LAN and USB ports have been swapped, so I’d have to re-cut parts of my case.

Would be interested to hear from those who have upgraded.

Simon

1 Like

There’s a search option on the forum. But for you. Would like to configure onboard sound on my rpi4 and latest Zynthian buster image - #6 by Baggypants

Yeah, also updated my Zynthian-2-case for RPi4:

Now there is only one “old” RPi2 based Zynthian left :slight_smile:

6 Likes

… and again for my last Zynthian (v1):

3 Likes

SNAP!

Just got my first Pi4 in a hifiberry white case!!

6 Likes

Just read that !!! You know you can stick two hifiberry cases together with magnets. . . i’m just looking for a suitable I2C connector :smiley:

My suggestion for I2C connector GX12 GX12 8 pin connector.

2 Likes

It’s been a long time coming! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

It wasn’t damaged? YAY! :partying_face:

Oh I’d forgotten all that smashed pi4 business! I’ve had the pi4 for sometime it’s the hifiberry case that’s new!

1 Like

Viewing the new Pi4 as VNC instance. I used raspi-config to start tthe vnc server service on the Pi…

and it starts headlessly with display set to Generic HDMI.

3 Likes

I am still finding that MIDI data from a foot pedal crashes pure data patches running in a sub process on my zynthian. Foot pedal data running in the parent process doesn’t cause a problem. Before I get into the process of debugging inter-process communication, I thought I would just try faster hardware.

When do we anticipate official zynthian kits running on the raspberry pi 4? I am about to make a purchase, and would like to be able to plan. I understand that the pandemic situation may have slowed things down…

Thanks!