Pianoteq XRuns

I dont need the HDMI ports, so i only need to adjust the microUSB power source ?

I don’t need the HDMI ports either, but they sit proud of the case so you need to make room.

1 Like

A regular electric drill will do the job ? Is the case very hard ?

Does this image work with Pi3 or only Pi4 ? I’m asking because i flashed it and tried to run it on my Pi3, but it’s turned on for 10 minutes now and the although the screen seens to be turned on, nothing appears on it.

EDIT : I went to webconf and changed the kit to V3 (it was on V3+), and it worked… :stuck_out_tongue:
When i upgrade to Pi4, should i set it back to V3+ ?

Depends on the soundcard you have.

Normal bog standard electric drill. Case isn’t hard at all, it’s aluminium. I used a wood drill bit, something like this Wickes Wood Drill Bit - 6 x 93mm Pack of 2 | Wickes.co.uk Ideally you’d use a rotary tool with a grinding attachment like a dremel and it woulf do a much neater job. but I don’t have one of those and don’t care much for neat.

2 Likes

Case butchery is probably the art of the measure twice ( and from all directions) cut once.

Sadly for enthusiastic early adopters our dear friends at Pi have spun us a curve ball for those looking for a Pianoteq with no xRuns, but probably bought in with the expectation of maxing out the CPU so it kind of works.

I too would love a Dremel but I’ve promised myself to cut back on these sorts of purchases!

Could you please provide details ? I have the regular Hi Fi Berry card that comes with the v3 kit.

You have to select v3 kit and not v3+, which contains the Pro version.

2 Likes

Yes, i did it and worked. But when i upgrade to Rbpi4, do i need to change it again ?

no, that has nothing to do with what kind of raspi you are running.
The kit is only a convenience switch, so that you don’t have to select the three other options. Audio, Display, Wiring.

3 Likes

BTW, what is this PRO version ?

I recently burned my card with the image below :slight_smile:

https://os.zynthian.org/2019-11-26-zynthianos-buster-lite-1.0.0.zip

Somehow i’m noticing more issues than the previous versions. In Pianoteq, sometimes a note i play is kind of ‘ignored’ by Zynthian. Is there any known related bug in this version ?

Take a look to this thread:

It could be related. What keyboard are you using?

I use a Roland A88, actually is a Midi controller only, no built-in sounds.

This issue was not happening on the previous sd card image.

1 Like

And I use a Roland D50. Seems that we have the same issues.

@thefunkyjoint, FYI, the issue seems to be related with the mod-ttymidi’s “MIDI Running Status” implementation. Read the thread i linked above …

1 Like

Yes, seems to be the same problem. Any preview to fix the issue ?

got to /zynthian/zynthian-sw/mod-ttymidi
git checkout 028ce4e537c7c1a6c237f90c3747cf1794d2d843 .

there is a dot in the end!
make
sudo make install

reboot

this reverts to the last working commit 2.5 years ago.

1 Like

Thanks, but how can i access the command line ? Sorry, i’m a noob on Zynthian…