Poll about New Hardware Features. Please, vote!

Hi @Zynthianers!

@C0d3man and i have prepared a small poll about the new “hardware features” that we would like to see implemented in Zynthian in the future. We kindly ask you to read and answer the form. It only will take 1 minute of your time :wink:

How important is for you each of the next hardware features?

(0 is not important at all, 5 is absolutely essential)

• Headphones output (mini-jack connector 3.5mm):

[poll name=hbpoll_1 type=number min=0 max=5 step=1 public=true][/poll]

• Headphones output (jack connector 6.3mm):

[poll name=hbpoll_2 type=number min=0 max=5 step=1 public=true][/poll]

• Audio INPUT:

[poll name=hbpoll_3 type=number min=0 max=5 step=1 public=true][/poll]

• Balanced (symmetrical) Audio OUTPUT instead of the normal ones:

[poll name=hbpoll_4 type=number min=0 max=5 step=1 public=true][/poll]

• MIDI OUTPUT connector:

[poll name=hbpoll_5 type=number min=0 max=5 step=1 public=true][/poll]

• MIDI THRU connector:

[poll name=hbpoll_6 type=number min=0 max=5 step=1 public=true][/poll]

Please, if you have any other idea or wish, don’t doubt to reply this post.

Thanks for your collaboration!

1 Like

Hi @Zynthianers!

Please, if someone has forgot to vote, do it now better than tomorrow :wink:
This info is really valuable for the future of the Zynthian Platform.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Not sure if you wanted other ideas in this category. Sorry if this is the wrong place. I think one of the most important improvements could be a more robust power input. I suspect that Mini USB is not reliable enough for long term use and may be prone to slipping out. One easy solution would be an external cable clamp for the USB cable (or permanently connect a cable to the case with a blob of silicon rubber). A better solution would be to move the Raspberry PI away from the back wall of the case and have a small internal USB cable connecting to an external barrel connector. You would have to forego the use of the phono connectors on the DAC plus the HDMI and sync ports but that would be no great loss to me.

Regards

Chris

1 Like

Hi @cdswift!

Yes, it would be nice to improve the power input. Please, open a new topic with your proposals. This is a complex problem that should be discussed in detail … :wink:

Regards!

Last call to vote!

Please, if someone has forgot to vote, this is the last oportunity to do it. I will close the poll by the end of this week. Remember that this info is really valuable for the future of the Zynthian Platform.

Thanks a lot!