Problems building Zynthian Kit v2: Display remains black

Hi,
I builded the “pre built” kit , but screen don’t turn ON (always black, with or without SDcard) i tryed to disconnect 2in1 module but nothing change

Hi @Tyrrh!

• What SD image are you using? Is it the last one “Gorgona Next”?

• Have you checked that the screen is connected in the right position? Note that you could connect the screen reversed …

• Have you tried to connect an HDMI display to the RBPi connector? Can you describe what you see? A photo would be nice …

Regards,

Hi,

sorry for the delay, i solved my problem with a new ribbon cable

1 Like

Hi @Tyrrh!

Have you built your own ribbon cable? Can you send a photo? :wink:

Anyway, i would like to refund you for the broken ribbon, so please, if you could send me the broken ribbon for analyzing, i will refund you the cost of this part. As we aren’t hurry, you can send it inside an envelope, as a standard postcard for cheaper shipping.

Regards,

First post here, I am gathering parts to build my own Zynthian, and happened to notice the ribbon cable is the same type/configuration as an old legacy PC IDE HDD cable.
Theoretically if you can find a dual drive IDE cable, it should do the job.

Yep :smile:

I made a simple building documentation here: http://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Build_a_Zynthian#Alternative_cabling

Regards, Holger

It does the job… :slight_smile:

I had the same problem with ribbon cable a few times already. They are very delicate as is seems.