Returning to Zynthian ... with two questions

Hi everyone,

I have not been making a lot of music recently, but have just got back to using zynthian again.

I have noticed a couple of things that make me wonder:

• What happened to SynthV1? I used to like that synth but noticed it is not available on the hardware and not listed in the webconfig. Since it is still advertised on the website I wonder if it is some sort of bug that it’s not available or if there is another reason for that?

• When adding audio effects to a layer it does not seem to be possible to edit the effects parameters. Neither single- not bold-clicking brings up a parameter menu. I only get options to replace or remove the effect. When adding a dedicated audio FX layer the effect parameters are available so I guess it’s either an error that the parameters are not available or I’m missing something.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

I hadn’t noticed before but synthv1 is missing on my zynthian and I’m also missing Aeolus. I just updated but they are still missing.
Regarding your 2nd question, when you add an effect to a synth layer, the pages to adjust the fx parameters are added to the bottom of the list of pages for the synth parameters.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Scrolling through the synth’s parameters was not something that came to my mind. I went through the User Guide a couple of times but could not find any mention of the effect parameters so maybe that is worth updating/optimizing in the guide.

Synthv1 is basically my favorite Open Source synth second to only Surge, so it would be great to get this thing back in there :slight_smile:

I just got Synthv1 going again. On my Zynthian I went to the webconfig and found it listed in the LV2 plug-ins under the Audio Effects tab. I unchecked it and then checked the Advanced view box. Next I typed in synthv1 in the plug-in search box (the box between the ALL and FILTER buttons). Synthv1 then showed up under the MIDI synth tab so I clicked it’s enable box and clicked on Save.

Ok interesting. Mine seems to be locked in the Audio Effect section though. So I can only add it as an Audio FX Layer in Zynthian and therefore cannot play it via MIDI.

Are you, everybody, running Buster-RC2? Perhaps is missing in this SD-image and nobody noted it until now …

Anyway, it has an easy solution:

• Update

• From command line, run this:

apt-get update
    apt-get -y install synthv1-lv2

Regards,

I’m running on a nightly build from a few weeks ago, but I plan to return to Buster RC2 on my RPI4 Zynthian. I’ve been experimenting with a lot of things on this image and may have messed up a few things in the process.

Try clicking “Search for new plugins” …

Regards,

1 Like

Yes that fixed it. Back in business. :slight_smile: Thanks.

1 Like