Save/load snapshots with DUMMIES wiring

Is there a way to save and load snapshots using the DUMMIES wiring?

In case it helps clarify, this is what I’m trying to do. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 and a HiFiBerry Amp 2 and I’m trying to run Zynthian so I can play music with it using custom Arduino MIDI devices. I was able to get Zynthian up and running and playing music after using the web UI to set the display to HDMI and the wiring to DUMMIES and then using a mouse to select new layer, FluidSynth, MIDI CH#1, FluidR3 GM, Yamaha Grand Piano. I’d like it to work this way on boot up without having to do anything manually. From what I’ve read I need to set a default snapshot, but I don’t see how to access the snapshots menu without the encoder/button hardware included in the official kit. I’m happy to ssh in and create the necessary files if that’s the only way to do it, but I have no idea where to go from here.

I poked around in zynthian_gui.py and added snapshot to the screens sequence so I could save my snapshot, which I copied over to default.zss to get the behavior I wanted.

Could you share the code?

This is my /zynthian/zynthian-ui/zynthian_gui.py file. There are two minor changes:

• I added “snapshot” to the screens_sequence variable on line 78.
  • I call self.save_snapshot() when clicking through to the snapshot screen on line 364.

zynthian_gui.py (21.7 KB)

I just answered a similar question here:

It’s also documented in the wiki:

http://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_UI_Users_Guide#Touch_Screen_UI

Kind Regards,

Thanks @jofemodo! I’ll give that a shot.