Simplejson missing after update

I restored my Zynthian repositories to default (after some development work over past week) and run an update and now I get an error message about python module simplejson being missing. I manually installed simplejson module but get other errors. Is anyone else suffering issues after updating in past couple of days? This is with Buster on RPi3.

Seen similar with various python modules missing on nightly builds.

I don’t know about this module. It’s not explicitly installed, so it should be a dependency.
Are all zynthian services running normally? zynthian, zynthian-webconf, etc.?
Could you copy/paste the error message?

Regards,

simplejson always seem to have had a checkered past crawling into various requirements.txt or not over the years.

I can’t get zynthian-ui or zynthian-webconf to run. After manually installing simplejson using ‘apt install python3-simplejson’ I now get the following error when trying to run zynthian-webconf:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./zynthian_webconf.py", line 31, in <module>
import tornado.web
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/tornado/web.py", line 77, in <module>
from tornado.concurrent import Future, is_future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/tornado/concurrent.py", line 32, in <module>
from tornado.log import app_log
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/tornado/log.py", line 37, in <module>
from tornado.escape import _unicode
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/tornado/escape.py", line 45, in <module>
import json
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/json/__init__.py", line 106, in <module>
from .decoder import JSONDecoder, JSONDecodeError
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 724, in exec_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 857, in get_code
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 525, in _compile_bytecode
ValueError: bad marshal data (unknown type code)

I am downloading the latest green nightly (2019-11-15) so that I can reflash the device (or I could go back to the previous version I currently have installed: 2019-10-20).

I flashed 2019-10-20 and applied updates and everything seems to be working okay. Not sure what caused the hiccup.

That’s not the task. The latest build should work. I haven’t seen a working November image. But I haven’t tested the latest yet

Yep! I will download 2019-11-15 but whilst that is downloading I flashed the last image I had downloaded which allowed me to test what happened when I updated the same image that had broken. It must have been something odd in the build (maybe that I did) after it had been flashed. I have done a bit of development testing on this machine so it is possible I broke something!

Did you check this comment?

Regards,

There hasn’t been a green build since :cry:

It’s green, but not OK. Currently we haven’t a way of testing automatically the SD images.
Being “green” means only that the build process finished without detecting any error, but:

1. We are not detecting ALL building problems, although we are close to it …
  2. We don’t know if the resulting image works at all. It must be tested “by humans”.

It would be wonderful if we could run the image under qemu and test the software:

• We could use the dummy audio device and capture audio to a file that could analyzed and compared with some reference.
  • I’m not sure of what to do with the display, but i think we can configure a kind of “dummy frame buffer” and run the X. I don’t think we need to capture the frame buffer, but it couldn’t be difficult to do.
  • Finally, regarding the testing process itself, we could use a combination of predefined snapshots and CUIA for testing the UI. The webconf shouldn’t be too difficult to test, at less at a basic level.

But … i don’t think i have the time for diving on this subject until the end of 2020 or so. I’ve a very long TODO list … so, perhaps some of you would like to have some fun with this? Come on !!! It’s really funny!! :wink:

Regards!

1 Like