Staying connected, staying sane

Timecode encoded records from @MrBroccoli !!!

3 Likes

Yeah, I Had to jump on progressively more powerful machines until I could get it fairly stable when there was 12 -15 people on. really great to see people though.

2 Likes

Jitsi worked quite well for me, with just an occasional video or audio freeze. I agree it was great to meet up and put faces with names. It reminded me of the computer user groups back in the days before the internet, you know, a group of people with common interests getting together to chat. Hats off to @riban for coming up with the idea and a big thank you to him for hosting the meeting.

1 Like

http://pideck.com/

3 Likes

Guys, so nice to have seen you! Lots of quirky geeky stuff talkin. Great fun.
@MrBroccoli and me, who happened to be the last ones left, also got stuck talking til just a moment agoā€¦ whoops.

See you next time, definitely! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Mrbroccolli must have been exhausted.He, like myself, turned up only to find we had to talk for an hour till everybody else got around to making an appearanceā€¦

And the audacity of our Canadian brethren who managed to swan around in daylight whilst us Europeans (+Finland & Israel , just think of it as the Eurovision song contestā€¦) where already in darkness. . .Something should be done about this ā€¦ :pouting_cat:

2 Likes

Simple: letā€™s host the next one at midday local time for everyone. Everyone gets daylight and no one gets their times wrong. Should satisfy all of @wyleuā€™s concerns. :grinning: What could possibly go wrong???

Now you see what can happen when we all plan things properlyā€¦?

Actually who did appear? I canā€™t say I got a complete listā€¦

SMPTE vinyl driving audio player made us laugh so much! BRILLIANT!!! Yet slightly mad. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

There was a nice collection of lights. I need to rig up something special for next time.

1 Like

Carefulā€¦

2 Likes

Sounds like fun, will have to see if I can make the next one.

1 Like

I really enjoyed out meeting last night. A lot was talked about, some relevant to Zynthian! There was a consensus that we should do it again so please let me know if there was something that blocked or impacted your attendance, e.g. time, technology, etc.

The tech held out fairly well. It did seem that the more attendees - the bigger load on each device. My Windows 10 i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz laptop was running at almost full CPU and taxiing for take-off! @wyleu did report fairly good success with a tablet though.

Some highlights:

• We saw some Zynthians
  • We saw some dungeons where these are kept
  • We chatted about performing with stepper motors and CNC machinery
  • We saw hardware prototypes
  • We drank beverages
  • We laughed at novel solutions to problems we didnā€™t know about
  • We offered help for each otherā€™s issues, both within and without the meeting
  • We arrived both on time and off time :wink:
  • We came from around the globe and spoke a common language (mostly English + Geekish)
  • We devised excuses for the quantity of cables and other junk accrued
  • We avoided conflict (except a little friendly banter)
  • We proved that audio is king and video a poor second cousin :stuck_out_tongue:
  • We missed those who didnā€™t or couldnā€™t attend but raised a glass in their honour
  • Some stayed online for over two hours
  • We came away with our own memories of the night, i.e. some may disagree with some or all of the above :relaxed:

It was a lot of fun and defo needs repeating. A regular club night or ad-hoc events? You decideā€¦

1 Like

Hurrah we have minutes !!
Agreed!?
Any objectionsā€¦ . . . :face_with_monocle:

Agreed!

Next business.

ā€¦

Agenda items.
Demos,
disturbing sightings of development of interesting bits and pieces
Ukeleles. In a shrinking world, are they the answer?
Networks.

Iā€™m up for this evening if someone wants to jump on again.
same time, same place :smiley:

hi,
Iā€™m so sorry for not having the possibility to participate last night. Firstly, I was confused with UTC, Iā€™ve logged myself in jitsi quite late and I was in a busy: my daughter came here at home. I didnā€™t saw her during 3 long weeks because of covid. We had a lot to talk about !
Will try to do better next time :woozy_face:

ā€¦and all this while I was stuck in another meeting :cry::sob:

This looks a bit like @MrBroccoliā€™s step sequencer. Finally, crossover between my wifeā€™s and my worlds :grinning:.

1 Like