Stuck Notes

Perhaps we could add an option in the Webconf to set on/off this otg.speed limitation when needed… Someone wanting to add an issue in the webconf repo? :wink:

Just had an interesting little succession of events which demonstrates the potential.
Zynthian-amp2.local ( configured with Hifiberry Amp+ ) plugged in Blue yeti USB Microphone (see previous posts…), selected generic USB in webconf, rebooted.
Came up cleanly into output to Yeti headphones :slight_smile: and allowed audio to be heard coming in via Gain 2x2 Effect Engine.

Tried a record and it was working but as soon as I said Wyleu . . . . it bombed …:mage: .

All quite impressively personalised . . . :smiley:

Update:

Yesterday, all was working well.

This morning, booted Zynthian, started getting stuck notes.
Looked at /boot/cmdline.txt, and I see that ‘dwc_otg.speed=1’ isn’t there.

Something I did must have caused cmdline.txt to be rewritten.

Those files are overwritten with updates or certain save operations in the webconf.
You have two options. There is a switch in the scripts. (NOUPDATE or the like).
But I wouldn’t recommend it, because you want to get updates as well.
I have some changes as well and put them into a shell script which I execute via ssh, when I have to.

Thanks, that’s what I suspected.

Tried this tonight, and it worked for me!

M-Audio Oxygen 25 USB keyboard.
Custom Zynth (HiFiBerry DAC+, 7" RPiF display, dummies)

1 Like

We will add an option to the webconf tool for limiting the USB speed.

3 Likes

@tele_player, it should be working OK now. Could you confirm?

Thanks!

With a suitable chunk of audio OBVIOUSLY . . . . . :face_with_monocle:

I still have issues that I will investigate in a couple of days.
When I plug in the V25 (USB) and start up, neither USB Midi nor normal MIDI-In does work.
I have to boot up and insert the keyboard after I ensured, the normal MIDI works.
I hope by using this procedure i don’t have stuck notes anymore as well.
I still have a hanging sustain pedal though sometimes, which is reported as bug in github already.

I just updated my DIY Zynthian, and the ‘dwc_otg.speed=1’ setting in /boot/cmdline.txt
survived correctly. Success.

Thanks,
Robert

2 Likes

Wonderful! Don’t forget the audio record or @wyleu will appear in your dreams with loooong knifingers … you know … :wink:

1 Like

Distant singing from the north tower (Think old castle picture from Pictures …) . . . . .

Has the dawn ever seen your eyes?

Which engine, which preset?

1 Like

I think bFree, sine, Emerson…
I had considered using the opening line from Pictures at an Exhibition, but already had this sequence on my Keystep…

I use the following, and it keeps getting overwritten. I was looking for a UI flag or something to enable/disable this.

Did something make it into the release?

I’m running RC2, 2019-05-23

Are you looking for the option to force 12Mb/s USB? It is near bottom of advanced view of http://zynthian.local/api/hw-audio.

2 Likes

That’s the one. Thank you!

…Now should I demand a sound sample for this …? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

:star_struck: I’m working on it. Had a crash that took down the SD card. :frowning:

…wanders off whistling a cheerful old pirate dis-embowling tune, in the direction of the the cavenous zynthian tower dungeons. . .