Extra Switches (sw1): Sustain Pedal, Panic Button, etc

For stacking boards still all 40 pins must be routed. If one wants basic Zynthian, gets one board as kit, who wants more knobs, buttons, pedals etc can order additional kit, leave MIDI part of PCB unpopulated and stack encoder boards as much as required On top one can add DAC board too.

Ok I’ll give you stacked :smiley:

You will also have noticed I nicked your ™

OK! This is implemented now.

I’m still thinking about the best way of configuring the other “extra” switches.
Thanks for your ideas, guys!! :wink:

Regards,

At last White smoke!! :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry … my life is currently so busy with family affairs that it’s hard to follow the discussion …

Thanks for your understanding!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi @zynthianers!

Finally i make the hole in my zynthian alu-case and got my panic button:

Do you think i should add this button as part of the standard kit?
Making the hole is not difficult, but it’s a lot simpler to let the lasser-cutter make the hole in the right place, with the exact size, etc.

Regards,

1 Like

Yes it should be added.

Could it not go on the back panel? Looks a bit odd on the side, and it will get bumped easily if it’s sat next to other equipment.

1 Like

But a “panic button” have to be easily accessible for being fully functional. You should see the button all the time …

Anyway … let’s ask to the community … :wink:

Hi @zynthianers!

What do you think is the right place for an official “panic button”?

• Back
  • Right-Side
  • Front

0 voters

It shouldn’t be too easy. You don’t want to press it by accident. I would place it close to a cable outlet, so that it won’t be pressed when you move it or when it gets moved.

Nord Keyboard synth and rack modules have the button on the front panel.
If you’re afraid to hit the button by mistake, put two button in serie so that they must both be pressed to activate panic feature. Both on the front panel, and well visibile.

2 Likes

I like this idea. Easy to access, on front panel, but two separate buttons, something like Novation Launchkey Octave and Track buttons (left upper part of picture). Second good idea is to place button somewhere near cable connector, makes harder to press by accident.

Or you press two or more of the existing buttons. No need for an extra one.
Do I hear a “Burn the heretic” ?

Pushing 2 buttons currently has a function: XY touch-controller :wink:

thats why I said “or more”…using both hands and pushing all 4 would be an appropriate reaction :slight_smile:

I want two of these:
A two-hand punch and a curse, and here we go! :smiley:

4 Likes

Would you use a car, where you have two big panic buttons on the dashboard :slight_smile:

I like a non-visible solution.

YES, I WOULD! Because they obviously activate the front BGM-71 launchers! :wink:

2 Likes

The problem is not zynthians but midi’s

Wenn could write that in big letters under those big panic buttons.