Sustain pedal

Hi everybody,

I realized that sustain pedal is not working properly on my Zynthian v1 box.

The issue is once I step on the sustain pedal for the first time the pedal start to work in reverse way, I mean when I step on the pedal sustain is off and when I release the pedal sustain is on. This happens after the last updates.

I discovered the issue using Salamander piano, but it also happens with other engines.

Anyone else experiencing this wierd behavior? Any advice to fix it?

Regards, Jose

I reply myself. Solved by switching off/on my keyboard.

This is really strange. Sustain pedal is CC-64 and it’s sent to Zynthian by your keyboard: value 127 for sustain ON and value 0 for sustain OFF. Could you test from the zynthian GUI and try to enable/disable from there? When using your pedal, is the GUI controller following the footswitch or it’s reversed too? Could you send a video? :wink:

Regards,

Hi @jofemodo, I think it’s not worth to investigate the issue. After switch off/on my keyboard the issue was gone.

Regards, Jose

Some keyboards have the feature of “reversing the behaviour of sustain pedal”. Some models enable this feature when you power-on the keyboard while pushing the sustain pedal, or something like that. Probably your manual says something about it :wink:

Kind Regards,