The world's smallest pipe organ and rpi-based S³-6R

Bangs giant brass gong emblazoned with the Zynthian logo…

Fellow @zynthianers! The time has come for his initiation… :wink:

This emoji has been confusing new members from time immemorial. Allow me to explain.

For newcomers, that emoji means “Could you please upload a sound sample from your Zynthian? We would love to hear it! :smiley:

For everyone else, it means “Yield a sound clip, thou recreant, or to the battlements with thee!”

Yeah, I know, we have a strange sense of humor here…

2 Likes

Who’s joking??? :astonished:

1 Like

It’s all here . … . https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Talk:Zynthian_Wiki_Home

Whilst you wait, would you like the castle tour…?

I could upload the soothing sound of the CNC machine creating the front plate. Ah, you mean the sound made by the Zynthian itself? I’ll upload something once I have something worth sharing.

Zynthian includes LinuxSampler :grin:

1 Like

OK, here is a quick first test of the Zynthian with the embedded keyboard, using the audio recorder for over-dubbing and a few different synths, PianoTeq for piano (the piano voice is from an external midi file, copied using web interface, all other sound is played by keyboard), FluidSynth for bassoon, zynaddsubfx and linux sampler for the other voices.

4 Likes

Also a picture of the inside:

2 Likes

I’m thinking… maybe you want to know how I made wooden Bend and Mod wheels, months ago… (well… did not finished them yet)…

Images 2 and 3 show how I fix the freshly cut wheels on a screw, to have it mounted on my drill, and then grinded-polished, and edges were smoothed, using a stopped grinding wheel… The grinding wheel is stopped and held by hand, so that it doesn’t rotate, and the wooden wheel is rotating…
Still have to make a straight bottom (not curvy, I mean); to find out out to fix the spring for the bend one, and to imagine how to fix it on a D shaft potentometer axis…
External diameter is 59mm, but I could make smaller ones by replacing the saw inside the support for “bell*saws”…
I guess they would be nice on a wooden box…

The hollow part for the thumb were made by hand filing, afterwards…
If I had to do wheels again, I would start bry drilling a 8mm hole in the wood, and then would place the saw to cut out the wheel… This way, I would instantly get a hollowed wheel, and also those hollow parts would look nicer… (Not sure I am clear)…
If I had to start again

4 Likes