Using Zynthian with IPad!

I’ve discovered while I was setting up PureData on my Zynthian that working with IPad and GUI-interface is really funny and amazing for setting up everything and working with bank and instruments selection! As soon as possible I will setup the wi-fi connection to use Zynthian and the the iPad connected automatically.

1 Like

How about some more information

1. what software and configuration on the pi
  2. what software and configuration on the ipad

thanks

@john Here is a more detailed video made Yesterday to show how It works.
It is not too difficult to setup:

-First you have to " apt-get install vnc4server " on your Rapberry/Zynthian. Then you will be asked to prompt a password for connection after the installation process.

-At this point you have to start the server on Zynthian running in the command line " vncserver :1 " (The server is running now)

-You have to download on your Ipad an app that let you to connect to the vnc server with the Zynthian’s Ip recovered by “Network Info” and port number 1 (example vnc’s client: 192.168.1.1:1)

-When you will connect to the Zynthian server from the Ipad client, if everything is correctly setted, you will see the shell terminal of Zynthian ready to " startx " and to let you use the GUI when you will use ZynAdSubFx.

Here is the video of the workflow:

1 Like

P.s Pay attention when you try to modify the section “Insertion Effects” it will cause a bug and a corruption od the sd’s files, so, I suggested you to not use until you want to dd another time the image.

p.s.s I hoped to use also the MOD-UI on the Ipad interfaces but seems there will need more work to let it use.

Hi @Ramsi,

What is the problem with the tablet and MOD-UI? It should works out-the-box. Only open the browser and connect :wink:

Regards!

I’ve only tried to open the GUI from Ipad in both the way. Using internet browser and the shell for startX and see how it works in that way. I know that is not the way it is intended for, but it was only a way to interact better with my zynthian and to study the ways which can be used with PureData. :slight_smile:

Yes. It’s intended and designed to work in that way if you want. There is some code that allow you can see the ZynAddSubFX GUI in your remote display. It’s not casual :wink:

Just amazing man! I’m slowly entering in the structure of the project and I’m just fascinated with your work!
How many things can be done with this tool?!
I’m having more time to explore it. :slight_smile: