Waveshare32 without kit

I don’t have the kit yet and the touch interface on my waveshare32 doesn’t really work either.

I can press but get redirected anywhere. I can’t select specific rows or can go back.
Do I have to calibrate the screen?
I changed the config to waveshare of course.

In the meantime is it possible to have something like an autostart?
That I can tell via config script, load FluidSynth with soundfont, bank etc. after restart?
Or load mod-ui-plugin xyz? ok, in this case I can use the browser interface.

Kind regards,
Markus

Yes, you need to calibrate the touchscreen. I googled and found these instructions: http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/3.2inch_RPi_LCD_(B)#Touch_screen_calibration

It’s easiest to download & install the Raspbian image that Waveshare have at their site. It runs the full Raspbian desktop & you can then use the screen calibration application. The application spits out the calibration values for you to write down.

Then go back to Zynthian & ssh to the device. Then you can edit the default calibration values in zynthian with:- sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

The instructions on the waveshare site are much clearer than my poor description :slight_smile:

-Andy

Hi @mheidt!

Have you update the Zynthian Software?
The touch navigation functionality was added after the Gorgona release, so you have to update the software for getting it. You can do it from command line:

# /zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts/update_zynthian.sh
# /zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts/update_zynthian_data.sh

Probably you have to update twice to get all the changes applied.
After updating, restart everything or simply restart the machine :wink:

Regards!

Hi Fernando,

Of course I didn’t :slight_smile:
Now I have the back tap on the top row, as I would expect it.
That I had to do the calibration again, should be changed.

That my midi-channel presets in FluidSynth are not surviving a reboot or gui-restart is known?

Thanks a lot,
Markus

Hi @mheidt !

Configuration files are overwritted when updating software. Data in “my-data” directory should not be touched. That include your snapshots.

Regards!

but
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf
?
This is a system file I don’t expect to be overwritten by an application update!?
That’s as if you reset the wifi setup?

You are right @mheidt,

The updating system has some drawbacks that must be improved :blush:
I will try to fix this problems in the next release.

Regards!