Wifi not working out of the box?

In the Web Config, the WLAN is entered correctly with a password. When I want to activate it, there is an error message that the WiFi cannot be activated. I can switch on the WLAN hotspot and it is also displayed in the network. So basically it has to work.

1 Like

I always had this issue. Was never able to activate wifi on mine either.
It didn’t bother me too much, because I am not really using wifi when I am working with the zynthian.
But, I do have the exact same behaviour. I added my wifi network and when I try to activate wifi I get the same error message. Network can’t get started.

Maybe relevant. I see a message on bit that WiFi is disabled due to region and must be enabled with rpi-config. Each region in the world has different WiFi regulations.

I tried to switch it on via terminal… doesn’t want to

Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 23.11.08

Added the home network (I wonder why it can see if it is turned off…)
But not able to turn the WiFi on.

How in the world can a turned-off wifi see a wifi network?

No news about the Wifi issue?
I made a nice TouchOSC controller on my iPad.
Funny enough the Zynthian is on my Mac via LAN and OSCBridge is activated, also on the Mac and my iPad can see the zynthian, so I am able to do the thing via my Mac, but when I plug in the iPad in the USB of the Zynthian - nothing. Wifi would be nicer though, but not even USB OSCBridge working, so I wonder what is going on there.

I created a 16-channel controller on TouchOSC with channel 10 being a drum trigger.
This is very useful for me in the multi-timbral mode. I can just switch from one to the other channel and directly play any of the 16 channels. Created a 4-octaves keyboard on each channel with a sustain trigger.

I uploaded this on my dropbox, if anyone is interested in using it.
TouchOSC 16-channel controller (Dropbox download)

1 Like

Regarding your Wifi not working, did you check to see if the correct country region code is shown in wpa_supplicant.conf file? I’m in the USA and I have to edit the file by changing country=ES to country=US. Once done I can configure and turn on wifi using the Zynthian Web Configuration tool.

1 Like

We should probably add this to webconf. Someone should report it in the issue tracker…

1 Like

mine was also set to ES and I changed it, but still, Wifi does not want to enable it.

How to find the correct country code? I am in Germany and I believe it should be DE for Deutschland.
I am searching now if I find a list somewhere.

Country Codes list:
https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/InstantWenger_Mobile/Advanced/Content/Instant%20User%20Guide%20-%20volumes/Country_Codes_List.htm

Thanks… I also just found it and Yes, it is DE, but still not working

Error message stays the same:

Command ‘/zynthian/zynthian-sys/sbin/set_wifi.sh on’ returned non-zero exit status 255.

Did you reboot?

Yes.
I rebooted and went back into the file to make sure DE is still in there.

My Wifi on the Pi does work because I double-checked by inserting another SD card with the Pi Os on it. it works fine there.

If I use ifup wlan0 i get the message, that the device is unknown… but it clearly shows up in the list.

root@zynthian://zynthian# ifup wlan0
ifup: unknown interface wlan0

I added this to the issue tracker.

1 Like

Have problems with “Wifi not working”. How can I check the country-code (via commands on the zynthian-terminal)?