Zynseq - A native step sequencer

I’ve seen on github that you’ve commited a lot on the stepseq branch.
I really have to find some time to spend on this. But that hard for me these days.

Hello everyone. I don’t know if this is only my problem but when testing the sequencer i’m able to use only ZynAddSubFX and LinuxSampler. I haven’t tried everything else but other instruments can’t produce any sound when loaded. Another problem is that it’s impossible to add Audio-FXs to the layers. Everything freezes when i do that. No problems when using master ui.

Is that with the feature/stepseq branch? I haven’t tested with those engines. I tend to use fluidsynth which works fine for me.

I just tried a few engines, all fine and was able to add audio layer.

Yes, only with the stepseq branch. I don’t know with fluidsynth. I will try

I’m not seeing any of those problems. Tell me a step-by-step list of directions to reproduce issue, starting with empty config (no layers).

Hi @zynthianers!

I’m super-excited with the upcoming of the new version of stepseq. I hoped to merge with master this week, but Mr @riban has started a new round of refactorization + adding features + rethinking everything, what is really good. I can’t say no to improving the fun!!

So, i’m testing and testing …

Do you want a litle :face_with_monocle: ? OK …

BTW, do you know that stepseq is integrated with snapshots? We can now share the full project for a piece:

010-JV;Obxd;002-KVR_Bass;Legion.zss (31.2 KB)

Of course, you have to try this snapshot on the feature/stepseq branch …

Enjoy!

8 Likes

OK! Another one. Just jamming, nothing special …

And the snapshot, of course:

009-ZY;Noises;Metal Sound 2.zss (41.3 KB)

5 Likes

Hi @Jtunes !!

Could you share a snapshot with your Three on Three? :innocent:

Sorry!!! It will be worth the wait - I promise.

8 Likes

Sure

1 Like

Ship it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::+1:

3 Likes

That’s my line!

Use it!

It was so good and now it’s a pile of bits. This may that some time…

The sequencer and the sentence it seems!

2 Likes

Hello everybody! I can not enter the repositories.

Uploading: Waw4zTxb.jpg…

Uploading: JsMbnie1.jpg…

@rozhok your images did not update and I don’t understand what your issue is from the description. What are you trying to do and what is happening?

Hi, I want to turn on the sequencer and record notes from the midi keyboard. The sequencer has turned on, selected the midi channel, scrolling is in progress, but does not record.