Zynseq - A native step sequencer

Hi @Jtunes !!

Could you share a snapshot with your Three on Three? :innocent:

Sorry!!! It will be worth the wait - I promise.

8 Likes

Sure

1 Like

Ship it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::+1:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s my line!

Use it!

It was so good and now itā€™s a pile of bits. This may that some timeā€¦

The sequencer and the sentence it seems!

2 Likes

Hello everybody! I can not enter the repositories.

Uploading: Waw4zTxb.jpgā€¦

Uploading: JsMbnie1.jpgā€¦

@rozhok your images did not update and I donā€™t understand what your issue is from the description. What are you trying to do and what is happening?

Hi, I want to turn on the sequencer and record notes from the midi keyboard. The sequencer has turned on, selected the midi channel, scrolling is in progress, but does not record.

It was said that you need to go to the repository, but an error appears in the browser.

Are you sure youā€™re on feature/stepseq branch ?
This has to be configured through webconf.

There is an alpha version of zynseq included with the main development/ stable branch. This is indicated by ā€œAlphaā€ in the main menu. This is a very old proof of concept which does not represent the current development of zynseq. If you want to test the development version you need to use webconf to navigate to Software->Repositories, set Zynthian-UI to feature/stepseq, save and update software. After a reboot you should have access to the latest version of the step sequencer.

It is fairly safe to stay on that branch because we are patching it with stable development, preparing to merge it into main.

how Update to the feature/stepseq

@rozhok , I explained in my previous post but will repeat here in bullet points:

• Connect Zynthian to network
  • Point web browser on a PC at http://zynthian.local
  • Navigate to Software->Repositories
  • Set Zynthian-UI to feature/stepseq
  • Save
  • Navigate to Software->Update
  • Update software
  • Reboot

Hmmmā€¦ I cant see how to import these midi files from the menu? I know there used to be an importā€¦ did it gone?

Iā€™m not near my machine at the moment, but remember scratching my head for a minute. The functionality is available under a menu item called ā€œimport smfā€ or some such, Iā€™m not sure what smf stands/is short for, perhaps something like standard MIDI format? I just made that up tho. From memory you need to be in the pattern editor to see this option.

Edit: Just looked it up, SMF is Standard MIDI File.