Zynthian error message

Hi, I’ve just put the hardware together but when I boot it the screen goes white, black and after a few seconds shows the zynthian logo with “error” in red letters on the screen. I tried a different card but get the same, anyone got any ideas?

Kill the zynthian engines(s)

systemctl stop zynthian

and then run from a command line run the .sh scripts in the directories and see what gets reported.

Hi, thanks for your reply, Zynthian is shown as 192.168.1.190 but browser wont log on to it.just get
the site cant be reached
192.168.1.190 took to long to respond

zynthian.local is generally a better option than using ip addresses.

Just a thought, I’ve got no encoders connected yet, that wont cause the error messages will it?

if you didn’t change the wiring in the webconf, this is a problem.

I just plugged the raspberry into the dac and the display, downloaded Gorgona put in on the card and booted it to try it out.
would it be worth building the rest, encoders and midi and then trying it again?
thanks
Graham

Just select the dummies option for hardware if you have no encoders.

The MIDI shouldn’t affect anything . . .

Can you logon using ssh or putty ?

ssh root@192.168.1.190 ?

Hi, I cant log into the webpage to change any settings but i can connect using putty, running some comands I found on another answer i get
root@zynthian:~# systemctl status mod-host.service
● mod-host.service - MOD-HOST: MOD LV2 plugin server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mod-host.service; disabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Thu 2016-12-22 17:50 :28 GMT; 123ms ago
Process: 910 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/mod-host (code=killed, signal=ILL)

Dec 22 17:50:28 zynthian systemd[1]: Failed to start MOD-HOST: MOD LV2 plug…r.
Dec 22 17:50:28 zynthian systemd[1]: Unit mod-host.service entered failed state.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
root@zynthian:~# journalctl -xn
– Logs begin at Thu 2016-12-22 17:46:05 GMT, end at Thu 2016-12-22 17:55:23 GMT. –
Dec 22 17:55:21 zynthian systemd[1]: mod-host.service: control process exited, code=killed status=4
Dec 22 17:55:21 zynthian systemd[1]: Failed to start MOD-HOST: MOD LV2 plugin server.
– Subject: Unit mod-host.service has failed
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel

– Unit mod-host.service has failed.

– The result is failed.
Dec 22 17:55:21 zynthian systemd[1]: Unit mod-host.service entered failed state.