Zynthian MIDI-UB Controller

Thank you very much for the welcome. That’s very disappointing. I guess back to the drawing board.

Can i disable the soundcard? I strictly would love the use the Midi controller functionality of the unit.

Hi @Jeanious!

Don’t be confused! This post is related to a parallel subproject for building an USB-MIDI controller that is based in an arduino-like board, but it’s not related to Zynthian Project itself.

You can find the MIDI-USB controller’s case schemes and the firmware source code on github:

I only build a single unit for me and i’ve no plans for releasing a building kit in the near future.

Regarding the Zynthian Project itself, it’s a synthsizer and FX processor, not a MIDI controller, so probably it’s not a suitable starting point for your project.

Kind Regards,

Hi Jofe! Thanks for your reply. I’d like to build something like this.

Then do it!! :wink:
You have almost everything you need …

Do you mind if I inbox you?

No! I mean you take the info from the github repository and build your own USB-MIDI controller :wink:

this is all new to me I don’t know where to start

Then, you should start by learning something about “arduino-like” boards. There are tons of tutorials about it …

Thank you Jofe! I will definitely look it up.

What is your technological background? :wink:

Some EE @jofemodo … I’m totally new to the small computing world

Then you shouldn’t have any problem with it, given than you are EE :wink:

BTW, i like your hairdress … mine is not very different :grin:

Thanks for the compliment :grinning:. I don’t know where to start however, I’m a fast learner.

I believe that I sent you a WhatsApp yesterday.

So, start by learning arduino … :wink:

I will definitely . Any suggested books?

Books?? Google, my friend …

But i suposse you could try this:

Regards,

1 Like

Is there any way to make it for example, 6 knobs divided into 6 sections or something simillar? Also, how do these sections really work? Is there a button?

Yes, no problem. You can have as many layers (sections) as encoders (in fact, more, but the UI would be tricky). My current code only have 3, because it’s more easy to identify the active layer (led’s color is used for that).

For changing the layer the encoder’s “switch” is used, so yes, every encoder is a “button” too :wink:

Regards,

1 Like