ZynthianOS 2103 Stable Released

Hello Zynthian friends …

I am newbie with Zynthian. Sorry for my question: Do I have to load the new Release version via the SD card or can I use the update function of the Zynthian webpage :thinking:

A little problem. I made the release 2103 via Webpage Update and reboot. When I load my old snapshot, I can’t edit a synth layer. It always jumps to the MY / generative / Zynscope

I deleted all layers and created new layers. I deleted the old snapshots and created new ones. Zynthian now works without errors :nerd_face:

Update: Now… i have same problem. Selecting the layers does not right work with my mouse. But it works with the Softkeys “LAYER” and “SELECT”.

I calibrated my mouse but the problem remains.

My current Zynthian version

I made a short video https://youtu.be/V7PtKectwEY

Thanks for help :thinking:

Next problem: When I select a different patch, I have no parameters in the main menu and I don’t hear any sound.

Update: Now I clear my new image and install the old version . I hope my system its runnig as previously.

Update: I install new Image and its same problem :cold_sweat:
what am I doing wrong ?

All Patch parameter zerro ?

Solved:
It was my mistake. I have selected “Wiring Layout: Custom” in the wiring configuration. That was a mistake. With “Wiring Layout: Dummies” it works fine.

I’m learning more every day :nerd_face: Thanks for watching. Rolf

Hi,

I faced this problem and entered an issue on Github:

Then I thought about:

Maybe you are expecting that people differenciate what they find in “Stable” branch from what they find in “testing” branch.

Have you identified any preferred ways of submitting bugs depending on which branch we are in ?

When reporting a bug you always have to specify “the context”, and that includes the branch. The context can be “captured” by simply taking a shot of the webconf’s dashboard.

Both, stable & testing branches can have bugs. Some of them are common, some others can be bugs already solved on testing , but not merged to stable yet (hotfixes). Finally there are new bugs introduced on testing. (@riban, should we add these 3 labels to the triage system?)

BTW, I would like to encourage people to take seriously the task of reporting a bug. Please, don’t forget to include the context and detailed steps to reproduce the bug. If we can’t reproduce the bug, normally we can’t solve it. By reporting correctly, you are saving time of developers, and we can concentrate on code instead of the github’s issue manager

Thanks,

5 Likes