15/16/17 June 2023 Barcelona: Zynthian at Sonar+D

Great news @zynthianers!

Zynthian project will be at Sonar+D 2023, from 15th to 17th June in Barcelona. We will have a stand for exposition and probably some mic-time to present the project to the audience.

https://sonar.es/en/2023/sonar-d-2023

It could be a good place to meet and share. If some of you are interested in joining the zynthian’s sonar-crew, please contact with me or @riban. It could be quite funny :grin:

Enjoy!

9 Likes

Hi @jofemodo :slightly_smiling_face:

Joining the Zynthian squad at Sonar would be such a lovely way to meet people from the project, as well as Zynthianers from the forum.

Unfortunately, it is practically unfeasible for me to plan an escape abroad from my duties during the end of the schooling term.

All good luck with the Sonar event, and of course let percolate updates and video coverage for the Discourse from the Zynthian booth!

2 Likes

Hi @zynthianers!

Take a look to this:

Someone (me?) have to make a zynthian demo in the Sonar+D stage, and the demo must be good enough to share the stage with Mr. Ritchie Hawtin. Someone told pressiing?

@Zynthianers wanting to help to prepare the demo, please, contact me by private. We have one month.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

This is the schedule for the Sonar+D workshop/demo (table next to the exhibition):

Thursday 15th
15:30 - 16:30 Winter Modular
17:00 - 18:00 Bastl
18:30 - 19:30 Antonus Synth

Friday 16th
15:30 - 16:30 Zynthian V5
17:00 - 18:00 Befaco
18:30 - 19:30 Patching Panda

Saturday 17th
16:30 - 17:30 Plankton Electronics
17:30 - 18:30 Endorphin.es
18:30 - 19:30 Erica Synth & Richie Hawtin

And for the modular jam session (every day from 19:30h to 20:00) as a closing space session on the Stage Project Area (in the same area of the exhibition):

Thursday 15th: Plankton Electronics, Endorphin.es, Erica Synth
Friday 16th: Winter Modular, Bastl, Antonus Synth, Mutan Monkey
Saturday 17th: Zynthian V5, Befaco, Patching Panda, Music Technology Group UPF

Enjoy!

2 Likes

The workshop schedule has been updated:

Thursday 15th
11:30 - 12:30 Winter Modular
12:45 - 13:45 Bastl
15:30 - 16:30 Antonus Synth
16:45 - 17:45 Plankton Electronics
18:00 - 19:00 Endorphin.es

Friday 16th
11:30 - 12:30 Befaco
12:45 - 13:45 Patching Panda
15:30 - 16:30 Erica Synth & Richie Hawtin
16:45 - 17:45 Zynthian V5

Saturday 16th
No Workshops!

In this way, the MODULAR JAM also will have some changes:

Everyday from 19:30h to 20:00h

Thursday 15th: Zynthian V5, Befaco, Patching Panda, Music Technology Group UPF,

Friday 16th: Mutan Monkey, Erica Synths & Richie Hawtin, Plankton Electronics

Saturday 17th: Endorphin.es, Antonus-synths, Bastl, Winter Modular

Regards!

6 Likes

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll do a great job but if you need any help all of us will be available :smiley:

Setting up

8 Likes

So cool!! Wish I could be there - hopefully some video emerges!!

Quite few minutes. Chance to grab some food!

4 Likes

I will try to connect to Zynth club for the live jam at 18:30 UTC but I may be busy.

1 Like

Sorry! Wrong time. It is now!!!;

Lots of interest and love for Zynthian. Common themes include:

• There is a lot in there
  • Good value
  • I need help!
7 Likes

It would be nice that you showed the web interface, it opens another dimension to understand what’s behind the curtains.

We mention it but we have a very small table so not really the space. We can mention during the workshop

Also, people want to play and we already talk at/with them a lot.

4 Likes

So cool! How do the cv ins for the eurorack version work? Do you still need a midi chain and you somehow route a cv/gate pair in a submenu there?

So much fun talking to so many people from all over the world, each with their own perspective, ideas and questions. It was a pleasure to help @jofemodo and friends to share our little box so full of sound creation elements. Everyone who played with the V5 loved how much was inside this wonderful device and gave us ideas of how we might further improve it.

@dComposer the CV/Gate is configured in webconf to interface with note / CC / CUIA, etc. We are still improving the integration but you can do many different things with it including sync, parameter adjustment, play notes (monophonic with legato)…

I was surprised that there wasn’t more interest in the rack mount version of the V5. People certainly understood a different format factor to be advantageous and CV / gate interface to be useful but it wasn’t a major talking point. I thought it would garner more interest considering we were in the modular synth section of the show. The real star was the V5 which looked super cool, sounded amazing and (after a brief introduction) proved easy to play. It performed perfectly without any significant issues. No glitches or misbehaving. We just needed to return it to a normal state after each punter had finished playing. :grin:

9 Likes