2nd build: Zynscreen wiring

Hello Zynthesists,

Working on my second build, and just got my ZynScreen. 1st build used a cheap hdmi/usb display off amazon, and is great, except I still can’t get encoders to do anything. So I figured the official ZynScreen might be easier since it’s already on a mpc23017 and has convenient attachment pints for the encoders. But I’ve hit a snag, I can’t quite figure how to connect the thing.

Now I know I could have just gotten the official ribbon cable too. But it’s about $23 USD outside of shipping, this amazing project/obsession has already been a bit irresponsible at my income level, and I already have loads of cable and male/female dupont stuffs. So I figured that when the screen came I’d be able to just look at the schematic to figure out which Pi pins go where on the screen, and maybe if I was a master of Pi vocabulary that would work.

But, I know these screens, and most little electrics, like to break if plugged in incorrectly. So before I ruin $80 of screen, I thought I’d ask here. Can anyone, please, please, please, tell me which Pi pins connect to which Zynscreen pins, or point me in the direction of that info. Already had a look in the wiki, and maybe it’s just lack of known terms but I couldn’t find this info. Thank you!

-Maravelous

1 Like

For anyone else looking, this might have the answer

The schematics for the Zynscreen are available on the zynthian-hw repo:

Regards,