500 error on Webconf [SOLVED!]

Don’t worry I’ve already submitted them…

You start a terminal as discussed…

then you stop the zynthian-webconf process from running. Change into the appropriate directory and start webconf manually… and when you produce the error in webconf the command line will dispaly the error… as in Webconf producing 500 errors on many selections...Bug: · Issue #978 · zynthian/zynthian-issue-tracking · GitHub

systemctl stop zynthian-webconf
cd /zynthian/zynthian-webconf
./zynthian_webconf.sh

Ironically it was my recent update to webconf to allow reporting of bugs that caused this current bug!!! :blush:

I have reverted the change. Update and retry.

3 Likes

I re-added the “report issue” button in the dashboard. I shouldn’t fail now :wink:

Enjoy!

1 Like

struggling with this 500 error problem, cannot update via Web-Conf. How can I connect via an ssh-terminal (MacOS) to the Zynthian?
ssh 192.168.178.80…PW opensynth…permission denied…

I got it to connect via ssh root@192.168.178.80 … PW. opensynth…but how to update ?
The commands
systemctl stop zynthian-webconf
cd /zynthian/zynthian-webconf
./zynthian_webconf.sh

stops at
DEBUG:selector_events.init: Using selector: EpollSelector

/zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts/update_zynthian.sh

great, got it to update.
…but Webconf connection is only working via hardcoded IP-adress and I miss in the help-menue the Bugreport.

is it possible also by Putty in Windows?

Paolo Piattica

This is now a button on the main dashboard.

Absolutely! You set the user as ‘root’ in the security settings. (I don’t have a Windows machine to check so this is from memory. The menu title may differ.)
PuTTY-auto-login username

1 Like

I am in /zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts

psftp: unknown command “update_zynthian.sh”

You can’t execute commands with sftp. You have to login with ssh.
If you have issue with this, simply re-burn and update from webconf.

Regards

1 Like

Upgrade didn’t fix the errors I see is the fail to connect with www.deb-multimedia.org messages
and the “need to specify how to reconcile divergent branches” message

What image are you using? Bookworm 64bits?

Yep the 64 bit bookworm version. , after the update that broke it. update from the Zynthian wasn’t on the menu so I ssh’d in and ran the update. after that , update was in the menu on the zynthian and I ran it again. still getting the 500 error in webconf. I may just reburn it since the initial cause was reverted.

As to the “www.deb-multimedia.org” repository we need to drop the “www.” for it to not fail.